• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The price increases are hitting hobby stores too. As soon as any importer needs to pay for stock that is normally priced in dollars, it's going to bump in price.

As an MTG collector and player I'm dreading this, I usually import from Europe for cheaper prices anyway, I got a payment off through Transferwise a few days before the referendum, but the rate against the Euro is really bad now. lol

Caporegime
Jeez...the 1070 is ever nudging to the £500 mark :(

If this pound slump continues that is a distinct possibility. Most of the high end custom cards appear to have a $450 rrp which at todays rate already makes them £420 just on conversion + VAT.

If forecasts are correct and it drops to 1.2 I expect 1070's to probably start in the low £400's and decent custom ones to be ~£475

Soldato
If this pound slump continues that is a distinct possibility. Most of the high end custom cards appear to have a $450 rrp which at todays rate already makes them £420 just on conversion + VAT.

If forecasts are correct and it drops to 1.2 I expect 1070's to probably start in the low £400's and decent custom ones to be ~£475

I foresee more gamers moving to consoles if prices keep on rising.

Permabanned
Im Polish and would have voted OUT.. I Am and always been against EU!!! You know what in my region of Poland we got out of EU?? Prices of EVERYTHING wect up from oetrol to alcohol fags bread milk. Wages stayed same!! My mates back are earning 20 pouns more in same jobs 11 years later!!!
Without eu it was poor in my region but now ist dramatic. Everyone ****ed out all over eu. Germany France Spain and ofc GB.

Tbh i see/hope UK gets back and gets better than it was!!! All i see chaps in eu blowing budget up on ****. And chaps making money off it.

Btw GPU prices are to damn high!!!

Soldato
It really isn't on. Mass production and all that. Technology will always push forward but it recently feels like the rich and the commercial companies are not content with riches beyond belief but the money bags want to make more money . Time for a Revolution my brothers.

Soldato
This was a discussion about prices and the result of a weakened Sterling position and now is back to a Brexit Thread. Knock it off....

If you look back through the thread your see the posts by Gibbo that best explain the situation with regards to price rises. I was in the airline industry so know all to well the consequences of a fluctuating markets be it commodity or currency. I see nothing that OCUK are doing that could be avoided with regards pricing.

Soldato
PC gaming is very reasonable so long as you stick to 1080p. It's the /pcmasterrace ultra res/high frame rate monitors are the issue.

Our glowy windows into the world of gaming are the main triggers for upgrading.

Equally you could say PC is very reasonable as long as you stick to 480p...

The whole point about gaming on PC is having the speed and glorious master race visuals. The enthusiasts grade resolution is now 4K. to game at 4K you are droping several 4 figures. Even then the tech cant handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom