*** Grand Theft Auto IV - MODS & TWEAKS ***

This ENB is quite popular,i tried this a couple weeks ago but problem for me was it was a bit oversaturated,its seems to work though for a lot of people,give it a try,maybe Skyfall could try it and tweak it for some of you guys.

Gionights ENB.
http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/gionightss-best-enb-final-f9889/
I'll have a look at that one, it looks nothing like the screenshots for me but has promise. Very burry though, I downloaded GTA4 to try that out anyway.

Just a few images and videos from the weekend:

Aww the other video didn't work on youtube... =/ weird.

Last edited:
GTA 4 Icenhancer + better city texture ... horrible filmgrain?

hi guys, got gta 4 fresh steam install on high spec rig, installed icenhancer (latest) and better city textures and i have an intense film grain effect ruining it looks like im playing GTA in analogue on a CRT in the middle of CERN when its going full blast. Might asweel be snowing, im getting 80's tv nostalgia!

Ive gone into option txt and adjusted to 0.0 no joy, help! google is a mess of icenhancer probs (i73770k @ 4.4 ati hd 7950 @ 1250/1250)

There is a large GTA IV mods thread. From my experiance, you are probably using a version of ice that's for patch 1.0.4.0. Steam version is 1.0.7.0. It is recommended to down patch your' version (google) to 1.0.4.0 as this gives the best look and performance.

just about to install the steam versoin of this game, i have downloaded the final version on enb as recommended here but i cant find a working link anywere to DKTs new road textures....

does anyone have this file they can upload somewere please?

thanks

just about to install the steam versoin of this game, i have downloaded the final version on enb as recommended here but i cant find a working link anywere to DKTs new road textures....

does anyone have this file they can upload somewere please?

thanks

I found a link within a few mins,then again im pretty good at finding stuff on the net,here ya go.
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|7...rar|28176|R~BD1E8DD8EBD2E8D83FA08FCDA4CC6425| 0|0

However i have tried DKT's roads and i dont think there as good as fonias or lord neophytes tbh.

just started playing this for the first time and its a great game.

shame its a bad port though, going to mod it when i get a better comp as for some reason it only uses about 40-60% of my gpus power at anytime and never hit above 40fps, anyone know why?

Does anyone know a way i can load my old saved game on a new install? Every time i try to load my save, i get a failed to load error. I can get the save to work when using some windowslive.dll mod that disables windows live all together, but i want to play the game while using my profile. Anyone know how i can get this to work?

I've just finished Saints Row 2 and have GTA4 next on my hit list, but knowing about the performance issues and everything I decided to check out some mods and performance fixes and so on so I can get it all sorted from the start.

Now, I've got the iCEnhancer 2.1 which will work with the Steam version, which means I don't need to mess about with downgrading. But what about other mods? Does the iCE mod deal with everything, or should I grab some other mods to make this look nice and pretty? I saw that there is an ultimate textures mod linked in the OP, is this something used as well as, or instead of the iCE patch? And has anyone had luck with getting it working on the 1.0.7.0 version?
Also, is it still worth downgrading to 1.0.4.0 anyway? It seems kinda backwards to roll back from official patches given you would expect them to fix things, but are these all things fixed in these mods anyway, along with getting more functionality?

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Everyone seems to think that 1.0.4.0 gets better visuals with mods. The high res texture mods should be used alongside the ENB settings.

I'm not sure what they did with the 1.0.7.0 patch, I assume they locked it down a bit to prevent some modding.

I only have a 2.5mb connection lol

As for the downgrade its really simple, download the 1.0.4 patch from here
http://www.gamefront.com/files/14266711/gtaiv_patch_1040_zip

Just run the update and it will install itself to the right location, then you need to download the Rockstar Social Group tool. The link is below towards the top of the post, point 3 it is, once you have downloaded this DO NOT INSTALL IT YET!
http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128300

So now you should have installed the 1.0.4 patch ontop of your fresh GTA install, go to your GTA IV directory mine is below but your see the idea
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV

In this directory you will see 2 folders, GTAIV and Installers. Rename the GTAIV folder to something like GTAIV bb or whatever you choose it really doesnt matter. Once you have done this install the Rockstar Social Group tool you downloaded earlier. This will now put another folder into your GTAIV directory so you will now have 3 folders in there: GTAIV (the one the Rockstar Social Group tool has just created) Installers and GTAIV bb (the one you renamed earlier)

Now just copy everything from the new GTAIV folder that was created into the GTAIV bb folder you renamed earlier. Once you have done that delete the now empty GTAIV folder and rename the one you changed earlier back to GTAIV JOB DONE :D

Any problems let me know

I've been doing this but if I load the game via Steam it says it cannot find it. If I go to root directory it says error.

Edit**

I solved the problem by not shutting down Steam after installing patch 1.4 and also by downloading the already unpacked RSsocialgroup tool and directly importing it into the GTAIV folder without doing the change the name bit. It loads slow as hell though, 3-4 minutes to load into a game.

Last edited:
Modded this a lot today, all of them work well and looks/plays well except for Roman's Taxi flipping every single time I turn a corner, think I need to get rid of Realistic Driving and Flying :p

Back
Top Bottom