*** Grand Theft Auto IV - MODS & TWEAKS ***

Can someone please recommend the best combination of mods? I have tried reading through some of this thread but the number of variations is mind numbing. I suspect iCEnhancer with ENB and GTA IV 1.0.4 to be a good start?

I have just downloaded a fresh install of GTA IV on Steam and rig is as follows:

C2D @ 3.2GHz
4GB RAM
4870 1GB
Win 7

Many thanks :)

Can someone please recommend the best combination of mods? I have tried reading through some of this thread but the number of variations is mind numbing. I suspect iCEnhancer with ENB and GTA IV 1.0.4 to be a good start?

I have just downloaded a fresh install of GTA IV on Steam and rig is as follows:

C2D @ 3.2GHz
4GB RAM
4870 1GB
Win 7

Many thanks :)

Personally Id go for GTA version 1.0.4.0

With these mods:

L3VO ENB (not sure what the latest version is but just go for the latest one)
DKT70 Road Textures (if you can find a working download link)

IMO these are the best graphics mods to start with. You could also get the HD textures pack which will make it look even better.

There are so many other mods its crazy but the 'main' graphics mods Id start with are the ones I listed above IMO. After that, its pretty much trial and error and going by peoples recommendations on here or google.

You should be able to tweak the ingame graphics settings to get a decent FPS but extra mods eat up your resources.

I have just got the download version of this game, and have downloaded it onto pc, but it will not install onto my comp. it says my system is incompatible.

what is wrong? im on windows 8, and my spec is below

thanks
ian

Modding GTA 4 parachute.wad

hello, i have been trying to get mods to work on gta for a very long time now, its getting quite annoying, i don't know what i am doing wrong and need help. I have tried using sparkiv to open up my anim.img file but it wont allow me to do it. I then tried looking for the the anim.img with parachute animations file on the internet but i have had no luck. I hvae been able to get a texture mod to work but i am really trying to get the superman flying mod but i cant.

Any help is appreciated.

Another thing is that whenever i try to download openiv the download stops at a random point in the download, eg 0.2mb out of 3.6 or 2.0mb out of 3.6. i hva eno idea why.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how you get a ENB to work with Sweet FX? It says this in the readme but my game doesn't load when I do it.

"If you want to use SweetFX, rename its d3d9.dll (not the one in this RAR, that's ENB's) to SweetFX.dll. Because that's what I put in ProxyLibrary."

GTA4 MP

I've had GTA4 for ages but didn't play it much. After remembering the fun times playing the GTA:SA mulitplayer mod I feel like playing it again but thought I should try GTA4 instead. I know it has official mulitplayer but I have no idea what it's like and if it allowed true free roam that the GTA:SA mod offered. I played the mod during the time before you could roam as a player character and were confined to your car but it was a lot of fun and allowed crazy XML maps that allowed you to ride a jumbo jet done a strip of road into the ground.

Are there any GTA4 MP mods that'd be worth playing over the official implementation? Does playing either require registration and logging in? be interested to here peoples experiences of either.

Ive played both and GTA 4 is more fun for the co op missions and the 'get from a to b by any means necessary' races. It does have a free roam mode, which is basically a death match.

You need a rockstar social club account and games for windows account, which uses your steam CD key. It has a 10 activation limit I think. Multiplayer is free though

It isn't at all as good as sa:mp, the stunt parks, flying around and casually following a gang of bikers who were cruising along the freeway. The 200+ players really swings it for Me.

That's what I was thinking. :/

I loved the multiplayer mods for VC and SA due to customisation and all the crazy things people came up with like tractor/ice cream van races and hunter seeker with Apache's. Would be great if there was something the same for GTA4 as it sounds the official MP is a bit limited.

Well I'm playing through all the GTA series before V comes out and I'm up to IV. Wanting to mod this one which mods should I go for and how easy are they to install on the steam version?

Right, I've read up a little on modding but don't seem to be getting very far. Maybe it's the heat...

Can anyone recommend me some mods + explain how to get it all up and running? I'm looking for a slightly better looking game overall and a realistic car pack (preferably one that isn't all super cars). Pleeease. I have the steam download by the way!

Right, I've read up a little on modding but don't seem to be getting very far. Maybe it's the heat...

Can anyone recommend me some mods + explain how to get it all up and running? I'm looking for a slightly better looking game overall and a realistic car pack (preferably one that isn't all super cars). Pleeease. I have the steam download by the way!

+1 i also need help, with car packs and how to install them ! :)

Back
Top Bottom