Great First day back at work...

I promise, if I was closer to you, I'd have done my very suggestion for you - that is how much stuff like this annoys me.

If it is your stolen bumper, you are fuelling nothing. You do not pay him.

I'd be fuming if this had happened to me. A friend had a phone stolen and was sure they found it on eBay. Called the police, they had a duty to investigate and he got his phone back and a load of other people got their stuff back.

Worst case it just ruffles his feathers, best case you get it all back and the lad has his day in court.

It would be worth the hour it takes to make a quick statement in my opinion.

I'd be fuming if this had happened to me. A friend had a phone stolen and was sure they found it on eBay. Called the police, they had a duty to investigate and he got his phone back and a load of other people got their stuff back.

Worst case it just ruffles his feathers, best case you get it all back and the lad has his day in court.

It would be worth the hour it takes to make a quick statement in my opinion.

We all would be feeling the same, I'm sure. But diamondmark - and the OP are right, ultimately , its not worth the bother nor the upset.

Sure, make the call to the police if you want, but I get the feeling some unknown 3rd party could well end up with grief he certainly did not ask for.

Catch them in the act, well & good. Otherwise, you'll never prove it.

quick update.

Full body kit in the right colour bought for £700, from a scrappy. Dont need the rear bumper or skirts, so will sell on. Boot lid and spoiler also bought, for £75, not sure if i should put the whole boot lid on, or just unbolt the spoiler from it and put it on mine.

Jenting7 has also started selling spoilers that "need to be glued on" (due to bolts being ripped out), so i passed the info onto the police not because it was my bumper/spoiler but because they are certainly stolen parts.

quick update.

Full body kit in the right colour bought for £700, from a scrappy. Dont need the rear bumper or skirts, so will sell on. Boot lid and spoiler also bought, for £75, not sure if i should put the whole boot lid on, or just unbolt the spoiler from it and put it on mine.

Jenting7 has also started selling spoilers that "need to be glued on" (due to bolts being ripped out), so i passed the info onto the police not because it was my bumper/spoiler but because they are certainly stolen parts.

You still ought to report yours as well if you haven't already done so. Doubt there's any harm in it for you. At the very least, even if the police makes enquiries with him but can't prosecute, he may get scared and stop stealing, at the benefit of other car owners.

You still ought to report yours as well if you haven't already done so. Doubt there's any harm in it for you. At the very least, even if the police makes enquiries with him but can't prosecute, he may get scared and stop stealing, at the benefit of other car owners.

This 100%. Report the seller, you have nothing to lose. Hopefully you'll save someone else from a £700 bill :).

doesnt it make you want to puke at the thought of living in essex?

makes me sort of glad that my cars are as anonymous as they are

gutted for you

to the OP - thats gutting and disgusting - some awful people around these days

to the above poster, don't tar Essex with a complete bad brush, theres very nice areas, I live in Chelmsford and the crime rate is exceedingly low indeed

I remember back in 1997/1998? When my aunt's BMW 328i was stripped, right on our driveway, curtains were drawn so we didnt realise, it was only later that evening when we got a call from one of our neighbours saying they had seen a few guys walk off with a red bumper!

They took the bumpers, spoiler, sideskirts, side bump strips literally the whole sport bodykit.

That car was a thieves dream though, the bodykit was stolen, broken into twice for the stereo, and also when my aunt was at the traffic lights once a gang got out and tried to steal the car, at the traffic lights!

Surely there are some bolts?

nope, 3 clips onto each wing thats it. Got bolts now, and to get it off now, you would need to open the bonnet, remove headlights and undo some clips before the bolts come off. I may modify it further so its bolted on behind the numberplate to the crash structure. Looking at some ideas with my mate. I may buy a really damaged one for £60 to try some ideas out first. Then i might offer to "fix" other peoples cars too, so it wont happen to them.

Back
Top Bottom