Great First day back at work...

It's a real shame this has happened, but is it really worth taking the law in to your own hands? It sounds like it's going to be very difficult to prove it's your bumper and if you can, what do you expect to happen? You can't prove the person who is selling it actually stole your bumper, they may have bought it legitimately.

My advice would be to get the police involved and let them do their job and move on and get your car back to looking it's best once again. You never know, the police may have other statements on record and can link them together.

Otherwise we are going to end up with pages and pages of internet geeks with their keyboards in hand preparing for war. Very useful :)

Last edited:
Him insisting on delivery makes it a bit more effort, he aint that stupid.

Wipe your mouth mate, seriously have a little whip round on here, il get the ball rolling if you want, your bound to get 100 quid towards it, help take the bad taste out your mouth.

hmmmmm interesting. wouldn't let them meet at his place, and not the brightest of blokes...
Sounds about right. From a little search on owner message boards, I've seen reference to a couple of similar cases where sellers of apparently stolen parts have flat-out refused to accept collections.

Adam said:
My advice would be to get the police involved and let them do their job and move on and get your car back to looking it's best once again. You never know, the police may have other statements on record and can link them together.
DiamondMark outlined the problem with approaching the police without any reason to suppose it's Overlag's bumper being sold.

It won't be a priority for the police, and all they have to go on is circumstantial evidence. If the police did go to all the trouble of contacting the website in question to retrieve their address and pay them a visit, they may well be able to produce a receipt for a bumper, and aside from scuffs or damage there is nothing uniquely identifiable about this particular bumper.

i wont be taking the law into my own hands, in fact i think im just going to ignore ebay for a few weeks until i get all this sorted and im not "bothered" any more.

its not worth getting in trouble or getting more stressed out over it. There is almost nothing i can do.

I think the saddest thing is, half of these bumpers are probably getting bought by people who have had their own nicked.

I think the saddest thing is, half of these bumpers are probably getting bought by people who have had their own nicked.

Same happened with about 4 mercs round here with the folding electric heated wing mirrors. Police knocked on our door to warn us as our neighbours had them nicked. My dad's pair of mercs were completely untouched, but then I am on good terms with all the bad apples round here...which probably helped as they wouldn't touch it. I did advise my dad to be prepared to buy a set on ebay, but you would most likely be buying somebody else's stolen mirrors. :(

i wont be taking the law into my own hands, in fact i think im just going to ignore ebay for a few weeks until i get all this sorted and im not "bothered" any more.

its not worth getting in trouble or getting more stressed out over it. There is almost nothing i can do.

I think this is the most sensible course of action. I also hope you have reported this to the police, they may just surprise you and not be as useless as had been suggested. In my experience they were great, I pursued someone for much less than what has been taken from you and the police were great. The CPS didn't think it worthwhile to pursue but the guy was arrested and I hope it made him see the errors of his ways :)

Why not just buy this bumper? Let him deliver it, have some backup present when he does and inspect it (Obviously keep your car out of sight). If its yours, keep bumper and tell him to **** off. If it is not, hand over the cash and you've fixed the bulk of the issue for less than your excess.

Why not just buy this bumper? Let him deliver it, have some backup present when he does and inspect it (Obviously keep your car out of sight). If its yours, keep bumper and tell him to **** off. If it is not, hand over the cash and you've fixed the bulk of the issue for less than your excess.

problem then is im fueling the demand for stolen parts?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ford-fiesta-S...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c21141df

Maybe worth contacting this person selling a primed Fiesta ST front bumper. They also live in Essex and claim their original bumper was stolen but they got it back.

thats what im thinking about buying, if the red one i have my eyes on is too badly damaged (on a written off car).

Last edited:

Because then the **** bag knows where matey here lives.

Back
Top Bottom