Great First day back at work...

As a fellow ST owner I am gutted for you. I have never heard of this happening on any car before, had wheels and caps nicked over the years but never bodywork parts.
I just asked a mate who runs a bodyshop and he said maybe 1 car in every 200 they fix comes in with parts stolen off it.

Can you afford the repairs to avoid claiming? On top of your excess (which is probably has a compulsory on top of your vol for that type of model) you'll be paying for years to come for what those ***** did.

Can you afford the repairs to avoid claiming? On top of your excess (which is probably has a compulsory on top of your vol for that type of model) you'll be paying for years to come for what those ***** did.

im pretty sure my excess is £250, not sure on what i stand to loose and how much things are going to increase after a claim though. Problem with greenlight is they only insure drivers without claims. But i guess this would be classed as a non fault claim? I dunno. Ill get on the phone to them soon.

im pretty sure my excess is £250, not sure on what i stand to loose and how much things are going to increase after a claim though. Problem with greenlight is they only insure drivers without claims. But i guess this would be classed as a non fault claim? I dunno. Ill get on the phone to them soon.

Without trying to bring you down I'm almost certain it counts as a fault claim. A non fault claim is when you claim the entire value of your damage on someone elses insurance as it's been decided they were to blame. As it'll be all coming from your insurance it's 'your fault', however harsh that sounds.

Being young and with a modded car less than 12 months ago I paid £1600 to repair mine specifically with the idea of saving my NCB and knowing within the next 2 years it'll allow me to get something very quick and nice without having to worry about quotes as much.

That is shocking stuff, real sorry to see whats happened.

I'm looking at Fiesta ST's at the moment for a cheap fun newer car but I didn't realise how easy it is for people to nick the bodykit/bumpers, madness.

Bad times :(

Isn't it like that on all cars though - I mean couldn't someone come along and rip off your Clio 182 spoiler, or M3 front bumper?

It's a problem for all cars I'd imagine.

Isn't it like that on all cars though - I mean couldn't someone come along and rip off your Clio 182 spoiler, or M3 front bumper?

It's a problem for all cars I'd imagine.

Possibly, seems to be worse for the Chav market like STs and VXRs.

Not every owner is a chav, but you've got to admit that a large portion of the owners are.

This is very sad. Get yourself a perimeter alarm that beeps for a while and then goes off if the person doesnt move, also a shock sensor so it goes off when people mess with it. Its not cheap and theres plenty of false alarms but when i've had them fitted i've had no problems

The same thing happened to an MG ZR on our street. They stole the spoiler, side skirts and had a go at the bumper but could not get it off so they stole the fog lights out of it..

My dad had his lexus badge ripped off his lexus while it was on his drive!

We had our cars vandalised outside our house too. Luckly the council had a double garage around the corner I could rent so I took that. Ask the council about a garage. I wouldn't bother with a proxy alarm they generally just anoy everybody.

that is depressing, feel for you bro.

I drive a newer fiesta zetec s with the body kit on, I'd bash my keyboard on anybody who tried stealing parts of it.

The ST is still a head turner, hope it all turns out ok.

This is very sad. Get yourself a perimeter alarm that beeps for a while and then goes off if the person doesnt move, also a shock sensor so it goes off when people mess with it. Its not cheap and theres plenty of false alarms but when i've had them fitted i've had no problems

had a neighbour who did that

It just went off all the time and nobody took any notice of it.

People actually started setting it off deliberately so he came out and annoyed him as much as it annoyed them.

He got rid of it.

Would only work if you have a long driveway or similar where nobody would pass by your car.

Back
Top Bottom