Great First day back at work...

or just set it up properly / don't buy a cheap one. I suspect they'll have adjustable time periods, and only sound the alarm if someone is near for X seconds. Set that too low and yeah it'll just annoy people.

im pretty sure my excess is £250, not sure on what i stand to loose and how much things are going to increase after a claim though. Problem with greenlight is they only insure drivers without claims. But i guess this would be classed as a non fault claim? I dunno. Ill get on the phone to them soon.

This will go down as a fault claim as there is nobody else to claim from other than your own insurer. In addition to your £250 xs you will have an ncd stepback at renewal and a policy loading for claiming. On top of this you will have to disclose the claim for the next 3 yrs, although the loading will decrease as the years go by you will still be paying more right up until you no longer have to disclose it.

While you are getting estimates on the repairs, have a really thorough compare the meerkat, go compare or whatever, getting qtes based on you having claimed & on a reduced ncd, although based on today's rates it will give you a good indication of what you are going to be paying.

Without even having gone through all the figures IMO it's going to be cheaper to cut your losses & pay for the repairs yourself, don't get your insurance company involved until you have all the figures & can decide what to do.

If the system actually worked then the policy would catch the scrotes who did this, and then your insurance company could chase them for the money. But it doesn't, and even if they were caught they'd just be asked to not do it again. :(

The same thing happened to an MG ZR on our street. They stole the spoiler, side skirts and had a go at the bumper but could not get it off so they stole the fog lights out of it..

Yeah, I think it's quite common with ZRs as some parts like the fog light surrounds on the mk2 models are rare/really expensive so people just nick them. There is guy on eBay that has sold front grills (just the top piece) for at least £50 each time, he has had so many up for sale so I wouldn't be surprised if some are stolen.

all i want to do really is contact him, asking about any damage to fog lights and if it has all the clips. I also kinda want to ask the guy that just brought one of the bumpers, what sort of chap this guy is, and if there was any damage to the bumper he brought.

Back
Top Bottom