Great Samsung Deals - 206BW, 226BW, 2232BW & 245B !!

Soldato
Iraklis F.C. forget it mate lets buy dell 2407's £380 delivered.

i would but OCUK dont ship more than 2kg to greece:( (price policy of DELL here is out right ridiculous = 980 euro for a 2407)

so i went for the LG 245 :D from a local shop at 560 euro . impressions tuesday/wednesday.

Thank god my good ol ilyama 454pro is still with me :)

C64

C64

Soldato
Yea am on my iiyama crt, 226bw is packed in it's box waiting for the rma number on monday.The difference between crt and tn film is astonishing moha airborne looks stunning on the crt and washed out on the samsung.

Soldato
wow perhaps im glad I didnt go for the expensive dell HC.... if the sammy 24inch is better looking according to jedifragger ? then thats sounding a good choice.

I gotta admit I do love samsung features like the magic bright and preset configurations:)

Perhaps in 6 months time we will have even better 24inch TFTs!

C64

C64

Soldato
The saga continues it's even on money saving expert now lol it's going to take a very long time before i have confidence in the samsung brand again but then it truly is potluck i believe and probably the case with a lot of other brand names.I have heard mumblings of dell 2007wfp not having s-ips screens on hard forum.
Well they have made a lot of money i am sure and some people are
blown away by their 226bw's
and others get duds and are not happy it's just a shame you cannot just buy a monitor
in confidence knowing you'll get what you pay for.I do think it's probably the same across the board in the tn film market you could get a dodgy screen no matter the model one person may get backlight bleed and bad colors another's may be perfect nothing you can do really barring buy offline and have a look yourself.

I still think it should be illegal to release a product with certain standards and performance and replace switch parts which lower the performance and get the sales off the reviews of the better product.
Can't believe it is legal in this day and age.I am sure this is going on across the spectrum of brand names and know it's now seeped in to LCD TV's as well.

It's like going to see a play with rave reviews turning up and seeing they have removed the A list cast and replaced them with Ex neighbors & baywatch actors.Oh it's ok it's the same script and structure, ok the performances weren't as great but we didn't promise you it would be? or it would be the same cast and crew?.Now go on your merry way and thanks for buying the ticket.

You just end up feeling misled & swindled.

Last edited:
Soldato
So
I currently use a Hansol 19" CRT at 1600x1200, had it for 6 years and think its a great monitor, will i be happy if i buy a Samsung SM-245B 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor.
I use it for watching Telly, films and obviously for gaming.

C64

C64

Soldato
It's pot luck mate you may get a belter or it may arrive with stuck pixels which aren't counted as a fault even though they show up on everything but white and the colour they are.If a monitor arrives with stuck pixels which cannot be fixed it should be law that you get a replacement or refund without burdening the cost of delivery everything else that has an inherent fault falls under this act apart from tft's it would seem does anyone know if this is indeed law or just something etailers claim to be allowed.
The manufacturer should be billed the cost of having to return one of their faulty products.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I was very worried about getting a TFT with Dead pixels etc. Remember you have the choice to return it under the 7 day thingy, i know it will cost on courier service but better that than keeping a naff TFT.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
i think i'm going to have to buy mine on the high street and pay the premium..
it's going to be a 10% increase but at least i'll look at it before i buy

is the Asus MW221U worth checking out?

Soldato
Picked up my 245B this morning from OcUK and I'm WELL impressed. Already had a Dell 2407WFP and was going to go for the HC version til I read about the ghosting issues & it put me off a bit and went for one of these instead (I was monitorless).

Love it :D

Will try to borrow a m8's 2407WFP for direct comparison. Also the Sammy was dated Aug07 and zero dead pixels :cool:

I know its a lot of ask but would be greatful if you could give us a comparision.... there doesnt seem to be any Samsung 245B reviews out there, and well it would be great to know if the dell or sammy is better, plz be honest... cos I know u your sammy is sparklin right now:p

Caporegime
I know its a lot of ask but would be greatful if you could give us a comparision.... there doesnt seem to be any Samsung 245B reviews out there, and well it would be great to know if the dell or sammy is better, plz be honest... cos I know u your sammy is sparklin right now:p

I would do m8, but the guy is on holiday! Won't be back for a week & a bit :(

Man of Honour
Received my SM-2232BW this morning and I'm looking at it right now. I know it's two early to say anything particularly profound, but my first impressions are very good. Lovely looking bezel and a damn nice screen! Zero dead pixels that I can see at the moment (and sorry, but I'm not gonna go looking!), crisp image and the ability to go VERY bright. It eclipses my older Viewsonic VA1912 that's stood next to it in a dual screen setup. I'll post some more thoughts when I've had a chance to watch a film or play a game on it.

Permabanned
Ok, im a few days in now, and I am even more impressed with it.

The clarity of the picture is fantastic.

Should have bought one sooner :)

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

As to a comparison of the DELL 2407 and Samsung 245B well they are both amazing panels. However if viewing angles are important then the DELL wins hands down.

The Samsung is TN based so if your looking up at the screen then things don't look great. If you looking head on or from slightly above then its a great panel with fantastic colours and the price makes it a bargain, however its no DELL beater, but for the price it is better value and makes a fantastic gaming monitor. :)

Back
Top Bottom