Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Chicharito was a master stroke of a purchase, really glad to see him back in this kind of form after a bit of a nightmare last season (2nd season syndrome?).

Utd NEED to work out how to turn up at the beginning of matches Very soon, otherwise they will be ******** by the better teams (League and internationally).

not even 1/3 of the way through the season. I feel for Smalling just coming back to match fitness, he is a lot better than was shown today.

RVP hit the bar / post three times at least (from different attacks), I think Rooney did too

So its not like Utd only had three strikes on goal ( no discredit meant to AV's two very good goals either)

RVP hit the post twice in the space of a minute, get your facts right. Rooney didnt hit the post/bar as far as i can remember, could be wrong.

RVP hit the post twice in the space of a minute, get your facts right. Rooney didnt hit the post/bar as far as i can remember, could be wrong.

I know that - I thought he hit the bar again at a different time.

Either way the sentiment still stands - AV played well, Utd played and scored better

Wasn't there talk of Hernandez leaving last summer with Real being one of the teams interested? As one dimensional as he is Fergie would be mad to even dream about letting him go, one of the most natural finishers I've seen for years.

Chelsea also bid for him and it was rumoured that Fergie left it upto Chico to decide.

He is a very good goal scorer but his first touch needs working on in his link up play.

Chico speaks English really well. You can't dislike the guy, he only makes the headlines for 1 reason, goals.

He really is the kind of player you want. He works hard (hello Welbeck), he doesn't whine at the papers when he's not playing (hello Tevez) and he just comes across as a really nice guy.

In a totally hetero way.

He really is the kind of player you want. He works hard (hello Welbeck), he doesn't whine at the papers when he's not playing (hello Tevez) and he just comes across as a really nice guy.

In a totally hetero way.

I agree with this.

You really could do without all the whining, man up and stop being a little girl etc.

:cool:

Well done United, the mentality Ferguson puts in to most other teams in the league is amazing, no team consistently sees others bottle it that much against them when ahead, could probably play wigans squad and win with their mentality.

Hope we can leave chelsea a good few points behind them tomorrow

Also lol@ferguson doing 'game over', hypocrit

Yep, we just give the opposition the ball and wait for them to lose the game. :rolleyes:

In a totally hetero way.

So in other words you want to sleep with him? :p

Agree, just a brilliant individual. As people say though, he needs to keep working on his first touch. If he gets that up to scratch he could become something special.

Not understanding the Wellbeck hate at all

He's a local lad which is something a lot of teams wouldn't mind having. Yeah he's going through a bit of bad form but he really is nowhere near as bad as what people are saying he is.

Yep, we just give the opposition the ball and wait for them to lose the game. :rolleyes:

Don't really get why you feel the need for the condescending :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
But other teams just sit off you and can't defend to save their lives while you pummel them for 60 minutes, I don't see what is wrong with complementing your teams amazing mentality to win most games you go behind, but hey ho :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's a local lad which is something a lot of teams wouldn't mind having. Yeah he's going through a bit of bad form but he really is nowhere near as bad as what people are saying he is.

I dont think Utd are struggling for local lads though (there are quite a number of locals just below the 1st team waiting to come through from what Ive read)

Welbeck is a good mid-table EPL player, I just dont think he is good enough for Utd

Don't really get why you feel the need for the condescending :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
But other teams just sit off you and can't defend to save their lives while you pummel them for 60 minutes, I don't see what is wrong with complementing your teams amazing mentality to win most games you go behind, but hey ho :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not really a compliment when you put the win down to the other team bottling it - it was obviously nothing to do with us just playing better in the second half. If you'd been gracious enough to point that out it would be a different story.

Having said that, hope you beat Chelsea tomorrow. :p

Not really a compliment when you put the win down to the other team bottling it - it was obviously nothing to do with us just playing better in the second half. If you'd been gracious enough to point that out it would be a different story.

Oh you played better, but their defence for the goals and defence in general was pretty awful, teams bottle it against you, if they defended to their ability you might win some but how many have you come from behind to win this season?

You are good, teams bottle it versus you, the mentality enforced by Ferguson is very important and good, I don't see how that isn't a compliment considering I loathe the guy.

No he isn't that bad, he certainly has potential. What gets me is that he just doesn't look like he cares this season. It's like we've already given him the big contract and regular football and he just thinks he doesn't need to work for it any more.

Back
Top Bottom