Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 14th March 2018]

Man of Honour
Its a pity though, there are an abundance of crap pundits on various channels but I really feel that Neville and Carragher have been two of the best pundits around, now we are probably going to lose one of them. Shame how many decent commentators and pundits we've lost from the tv due to moments of madness/slips of the tongue over the years.

Don
The story originates from the Mirror where Carragher has claimed that it was the 2nd or 3rd time that the driver had goaded him and that he had initially driven away before he eventually reacted. Again, for clarity, that doesn't excuse what Carragher did.
Does it really matter which one he spat at? That doesn't make it better lol.
Again, that's not defending him spitting at all.

I actually made a point of saying it was disgusting or that it wasn't a defence of him in each of my posts because we always get these sorts of comments. Stating that danny's post was misleading and doesn't explain what actually happened is not the same as saying what Carragher done was ok. I repeatedly said it wasn't.

And you only dislike Souness because he ****s on Pogba all the time :p

Caporegime
Well yeah Souness is an idiot, he fails the basic requirement of being a critic. I don't care whether people are positive or negative about United. I just care that they have a position that they can justify and Souness absolutely doesn't.

Don
The only criticism I would have of Souness is he always compares things to his day and that's why he's harsh on Pogba because he compares him to himself and Souness is arguably the best midfielder to play in England in 40 odd years.

Caporegime
I’m not normally one for knee jerk reactions, but I do believe Carragher deserves the boot for this. Utterly disgusting behaviour. Spitting at someone is one of the most vile things to do. It’s inexcusable.

Soldato
Carra wont get the boot for this. If they are happy to support their presenters being found guilty of drink driving with their child in their car theyd be hypocrites to do something here.

He needs dropping for sure but sacking is a bit much. He didnt spit in the face of a child either, lets not over dramatise it.

Im more concerned that someones driving on a motorway whilst filming "banter". Hope he enjoys the points.

Caporegime
He needs dropping for sure but sacking is a bit much. He didnt spit in the face of a child either, lets not over dramatise it.

Im more concerned that someones driving on a motorway whilst filming "banter". Hope he enjoys the points.

No he did spit in the face of a child. Or is he so practiced at spitting he thought it would miss her and hit his intended target.

You noticed that the father is using a phone while driving but not that JC is driving with no seat belt. Hopefully both drivers get taken to task but I doubt it.

Caporegime
Not surprised at all, he's always been a mouthy **** who seems to enjoy trying to harm others. Even in a charity match, he managed to lose his rag.

He is, however, a good pundit as he's not afraid to speak his mind and seems to have better footballing knowledge than many of the other dross pundits currently sat on our screens.

Last edited:
Associate
That joke died years ago, Sky would have already have given him the boot if the majority of their viewers couldn't understand him. I'm from nowhere near Liverpool and understand what he's saying just fine.

Henry is far more difficult to listen to.
He's as dumb as a rock. Can't stand the guy, nothing to do with football rivalry, if it weren't for football he would be in prison. Same as Rooney.

Man of Honour
I have an irrational hatred for Liverpool and most of their players past and present, but even I can admit Carragher is a fantastic pundit. He may have been tough to understand in his first few months but the last few years he's been brilliant. Especially when working with Neville.

It would be a shame to see him go, but after all the fuss Sky Sports pundits made about the recent players spitting episodes, they need to be seen to practise what they preach and at the very least suspend him.

Souness on the other hand. Been stealing a living as a pundit for years

Caporegime
Not sure what would go through your head to spit at someone, absolutely vile. Oh wait, he was goaded a few times on the motorway? Flick the bird, throw the ****** sign and drive on. Or, you know, just ignore it.

I quite like Carragher as a pundit and the crack he has with Neville is always worthy of a watch but he should be potted for that. Sky have zero integrity though, so would fully expect them to say they reprimanded him in some way and he will be back before we know it.

Back
Top Bottom