Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 5th March 2019]

Soldato
Mate...this is literally form the FA website.

• a player in an offisde position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence
I cant make it clearer for you. Mustafi did not make an attempt to get the ball. Its a penalty!

Associate

• a player in an offisde position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence
I cant make it clearer for you. Mustafi did not make an attempt to get the ball. Its a penalty!

Thanks. I didn’t know this. This doesn’t seem to be practiced in most games though. When was this change made? With the offside change years ago?

Soldato
I haven't seen it, will on motd .

On Kanes pen earlier... I'm not saying I agree with that law I think it's silly personally but it is what it is. Arsenal fans should be fuming with Mustafi for me

Soldato
O it was stupid from Mustafi but should not have been given due to the offside .

This explains it quite simple really

Permabanned
Good win for Manchester City. But they need to address some things in their game. They need to be faster with the passes to teammates, quite often the pass is either late or never comes, they don't see the game well enough, they need to concentrate more in order not to miss golden chances so often - to be more efficient. The ball possession aspect is great because ultimately it limits the options of the opponents.
Other than that - also more luck with the referees.

Man of Honour
MOTD also highlighting the encroachment of Vertonghen, yes it basically happens on every penalty but not to this extent, he was 3-4 yards away when Auba goes to strike the ball. One of the many dodgy decisions from the ref but I'm still satisfied with a draw.

As much as I love Auba and Lacazette, they miss an awful amount of good chances and it's costing us, hopefully we can work on the defence over the summer so we don't have to rely on them as much but it's still worrying.

Odysseus

O

Odysseus

Mustafi only acted as he did because Kane started in an offside position so it seems pretty harsh.

Back
Top Bottom