Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 5th November 2019]

Soldato
Really? It looked tamer than the Watford one yesterday and that was and enough. Son just made a meal of it
He pretty much sat on his shin... In the modern game it would have been far less soft than most imo.

FWIW I'm enjoying seeing Spurs be awful, I just can't get my head around VAR

Soldato
It’s not about being deliberate, his arm is above his head. Can’t see why it wasn’t given.
I get its above his head, it just looks like that's the way Ali jumped at the time he certainly wasn't looking to handball it hell he wasn't even looking at the ball.

Either way took VAR far too long, another annoying thing I find with var.

Don
That's shocking. His arm is above his head, it's handball. I'll have to find the video from the start of the season when one of the ref's explained how VAR will be used because I'm sure in it he says that VAR will award handballs if the player's arm is above his head. It's not been a good weekend for VAR with the controversy around Firmino's offside with the recalibrating of the offside lines after initially showing him to be onside.
I get its above his head, it just looks like that's the way Ali jumped at the time he certainly wasn't looking to handball it hell he wasn't even looking at the ball.

Either way took VAR far too long, another annoying thing I find with var.
What counts as deliberate changed years ago. You no longer need to move your arm to the ball. If your arm is in a position not seen as natural and the ball hits it, it's handball.

Back
Top Bottom