Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th February 2014]

Caporegime
Donkey, should have absolutely been 2-0... Utd are poo, I don't want to deride Mata too much as I'll pigeon it, but he's not at all imposed himself on this game, and I don't think he's capable of it basically.

Man of Honour
because Young is playing pretty well? He's been very involved, looking to get on it all the time

Not especially, we have Evra/Young/Rooney all hanging around in that area, rather than trying to spread out a bit and pose a threat from more than one position. Fulham just stick everyone in the right back area and we can't do much.

fez

fez

Caporegime
because Young is playing pretty well? He's been very involved, looking to get on it all the time

Young is not playing well, he has not played well all season. He is useless against anything but the worst defenders and has obviously been taking advice on crossing from Valencia as he almost never manages to actually target a man. Unbelievably wasteful and so slow on the attack most of the time. He just slows everything down in the final third as he fannys about.

Caporegime
Donkey, should have absolutely been 2-0... Utd are poo, I don't want to deride Mata too much as I'll pigeon it, but he's not at all imposed himself on this game, and I don't think he's capable of it basically.
They're not playing to his strengths though. If you've got 3 world class players in Rooney, RvP and Mata you don't bypass them completely and look to play down the wings, you play through the middle and on the floor.

Still expect Fulham to crumble once United get the first but they're playing to Fulham's strengths rather than their own at the moment.

Man of Honour
They're not playing to his strengths though. If you've got 3 world class players in Rooney, RvP and Mata you don't bypass them completely and look to play down the wings, you play through the middle and on the floor.

Still expect Fulham to crumble once United get the first but they're playing to Fulham's strengths rather than their own at the moment.

Exactly. All we try and do is cross it. Repeat. We barely even make an attempt to work the ball into the box, etc. It's always wide to the full back, cross.

Caporegime
Before anyone complains, that was entirely Mata's fault, you could see Risse checking for Mata to make the run, Mata was still moving as Young made the cross, but he pulled back, he should have been running across the front of Risse, had he done so that was a great ball. Instead of accelerating and getting ahead of the fullback, he backed off as usual.

Back
Top Bottom