• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTAV performance thread.

vsync is screwed in this game, even if using third party via radeonpro. However, I dont know why but if I alt-tab to desktop then back to the game I get smoother performance with vsync at least. The only issue I still have is occasional dips into the 50's only when driving.

vsync off or frame limited just looks horrendous and gives me a headache in this, not smooth and tears badly.

I too think 'v' or whatever sync you may use in this game is a bit borked too. The only way I can get butter smooth performance with zero stutter using SLI and GSYNC, is to run my rog swift at 60hz and use a framerate limiter and set it to 59. I'm used to having to faff about to eliminate stutter etc with SLI, so although I find it annoying, the results from doing this are amazing. And I've decided that a rock solid 60fps in GTA5 at 1440p with almost all settings maxed is more than good enough, so I'm happy.

Last edited:
2w5vhq1.png

2ir2att.jpg
Images over 1,280 pixels wide should be placed in spoiler tags as I've done for you.

Cheers

Surveyor

my grass is set to very high.
my advanced setting only extended distance scaling is full others are off as they don't make any difference even the GeForce guide says the same takes a lot of grunt for not much usage

Back
Top Bottom