• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTAV performance thread.

Caporegime
2w5vhq1.png

2ir2att.jpg

For comparison :)

VincentHanna_2015-04-29_00001.jpg

Edit: Afterburner doesn't seem to be correctly reporting my VRAM usage since I updated my Windows 10 Nvidia drivers to 352.63

Last edited:
Caporegime
How do u get all that info stuff at the top?? And nice pics bro haha

It didn't actually take me that long to locate that area, believe it or not.

To get those stats, use MSI Afterburner and turn the OSD on.

I don't tend to actually play games with all that stuff on though, as it's too distracting.

Associate
Alex are you able to run this on an FX system?

Apologies Thont, I didn't see your message. I don't have my FX system any longer. Sold to a good home (member in the OC forum).

In the process of sourcing 2 titan X cards to try to play this game in nearly max details. 2 x 780s do ok but I don't like dips below 60fps and that happens occasionally. Also the VRAM requirements at 1440p and very high/ultra seem huge. To the point that I'm thinking of not bothering waiting for 980ti cards as I suspect they will have 6GB which won't quite be enough anyway.

Soldato
Well can report that my single 780 lightning is able for the time being to maintain a solid 60 @ 3440x1440 using very high textures, high shaders, high shadows max sliders but no tesselation and no AO, FXAA and not MSAA. Still have some GPU grunt left as its dropping to 70% sometimes due to vsync. But i think ill save that extra power for more intense scenes that i have yet to encounter. Loving the Dell U3415W so fare though. No dead pixels at the moment and what looks like minimal glow and bleed. I guess the night will be the final judge.

Soldato
Well can report that my single 780 lightning is able for the time being to maintain a solid 60 @ 3440x1440 using very high textures, high shaders, high shadows max sliders but no tesselation and no AO, FXAA and not MSAA. Still have some GPU grunt left as its dropping to 70% sometimes due to vsync. But i think ill save that extra power for more intense scenes that i have yet to encounter. Loving the Dell U3415W so fare though. No dead pixels at the moment and what looks like minimal glow and bleed. I guess the night will be the final judge.

What grass setting? Grass is the killer

Associate
SOOOOO

had most things to very high just now.
grass on high
tessellation high
fxaa on
msaa x2
txaa on

all advanced stuff to defualt.
4k resolution
solid 60fps with gsync on then...

BAM! everything dropped to 20 fps and even after reloading the game stays at 20fps

Soldato
ahh yes i forgot about grass and you are right Grass is a killer. I have the setting set to normal i believe.. I dont care for the fps hit vs the visual effect.. Not worth it.

Good point. Gta is all about concrete and running people over. Can you turn grass off all together?! Maybe a nice mod to turn it into gravel

Soldato
SOOOOO

had most things to very high just now.
grass on high
tessellation high
fxaa on
msaa x2
txaa on

all advanced stuff to defualt.
4k resolution
solid 60fps with gsync on then...

BAM! everything dropped to 20 fps and even after reloading the game stays at 20fps

Had the limiter I game reduced to that somehow? Mine did once and gave me a heart attack, going from solid 60 to 23...

Soldato
OP
Good point. Gta is all about concrete and running people over. Can you turn grass off all together?! Maybe a nice mod to turn it into gravel

I found one of those special cars with multi coloured paint job. It's fast, like real fast. Nothing better than getting it up to speed then ploughing through the board walk :D Here's my car here. Apologies for the rather naff heavily wrecked JPG.

Back
Top Bottom