• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 780 Owners Club

Associate
my 780 overclocked to 1146, was hitting 82 under load, this was with auto fan profile, I changed the fan curve and now it only gets to 60 whilst gaming, because the standard fan profile never went above 46%

oh and it idles at 27

Last edited:
Associate
Quote:
hi ok I just did a 3dmark 11 run with my 780 @ 1146 MHz, cpu 3930 @4.3

graphics score 14261
physics score 13696
combined 11609

Quote:
P12018 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780(1x) and Intel Core i5-2500K Processor
Graphics Score 14847
Physics Score 7648
Combined Score 7648

That's mine stock boost clock. I think your CPU does a little better than mine...

hmm your stock gpu score is better than my oc score I wonder what is wrong on my end there then.

Soldato
Not sure mate my card seems to work well. If you check the heaven thread it has beaten a few Titans. It auto clocks to 1006Mhz.

I want your CPU though.....

Associate
my stock scores are way down

hmm wonder what's wrong there it auto boosts to 992 which isn't far behind your 1006

one thing I have just noticed is that when the explore page pops up with the results, where it says says my core clock speed it states its only running at 575 but evga prescision says its running at 992

Last edited:
Associate

hmm wonder what's wrong there it auto boosts to 992 which isn't far behind your 1006

one thing I have just noticed is that when the explore page pops up with the results, where it says says my core clock speed it states its only running at 575 but evga prescision says its running at 992

Wouldn't worry about you card/score ... its performing as it should from seeing a few other 780 benchmarks. Moogleys card is an odd one.. 20 percent faster than other stock cards :eek:

Associate
OK tried both cards in slot one. One of the cards in slots 1, 2 and 3 with my sound card removed and it still won't get past the initial screen that pops up telling me what board I have (Gigabyte X79-UD3) and what to press to access BIOS etc. Keyboard (USB) is unresponsive.

Currently on the F11 BIOS, I checked before taking out my old cards and there was a newer beta BIOS available but didn't want to install this unless I have too. PC will boot with one of my old cards (7970) back in. Before starting this swap I had uninstalled CCC. CAPS and used the official AMD clean up tool. Wondering if I have an IRQ conflict happening with the new cards installed?

Guess I'll try the new BIOS, already tried a BIOS reset/CMOS clear. Any other suggestions short of reformatting and doing a clean install of Windows?

Soldato
Wouldn't worry about you card/score ... its performing as it should from seeing a few other 780 benchmarks. Moogleys card is an odd one.. 20 percent faster than other stock cards :eek:

My card is odd. Any amount of clocking over +50 on the core and it crashes the drivers ? Both gpu-z and precision show the core at 1006mhz under load. Something is not quite right but it works well enough so can't really complain.

Soldato
my 780 overclocked to 1146, was hitting 82 under load, this was with auto fan profile, I changed the fan curve and now it only gets to 60 whilst gaming, because the standard fan profile never went above 46%

oh and it idles at 27

So what speed does your fan run at?

Mine is set to auto too and I hit 80c under load and have never seen my fan go over 45%

no one here went for the windforce then? :p
are temps on stock cooler pretty good?

Yeah it's nice and chilly pal, idle at 26% fan speed and idle at 31c.

Last edited:
Associate

Mine only autoboosts 980 with a 75 deg temp target.....
However it will clock to 1178 core and +500 mem stable so am reasonably lucky this time around on the silicon lottery.

Running 1100/3300 24/7 happily @ 70 degs still nice and quiet. Voltage adjust just allows 1 notch higher on the core so not worth anything to me TBH.

Checked ASIC values, eek 67%!

Soldato
Sexy :D

780sli.jpg

Can't tell you what they're like as I just got them in before the grand prix started and having nipped away to check if the system would boot it just sat there on the BIOS screen. Will have to do some investigation work latter on, typical PC rubbish - nothing ever as straight forward as you think :/

Should be fine take the sli bridge out, happen to me before then it was fine

Man of Honour

One of the reasons your score is a bit lower is because you are using X79, it works the same with the Titans or anything else for that matter. If you were to go SLI things would start to improve, this is where X79 is strong.

For a single card X79 will always be at a slight disadvantage, for benching also try and oc your CPU as high as you can.

Again for benching try and use the 125 strap with a BCLK of around 129 or 130, this overclocks the PCI-E slot as well and on some of the benchmarks works quite well.

As someone said above as well, we are all at the mercy of the silicon lottery.

Soldato
So I was playing Warframe on Steam this morning and hitting 80c as normal and the fan speed I speculate was in the 40% area. After reading about nalla's fan curve change I did the same, if I did it right then when my temps hit 80c my fan should run at minimum 60%.

But playing Warframe again after this change my fan has not gone past 50% and my GPU temp max since the change is 54c.

I can only conclude witchcraft.

Associate
OK run a couple of benches but not going to post any results up until I've got on top of a couple of things. Firstly the beta BIOS I had to install is a pile of junk, speedstep isn't working at anything other than default clocks which means my CPU is currently pegged at 4.3Ghz all the time which I don't want. Secondly I need to get familiar with how these cards over clock. Don't know if it was accurate but Valley was reporting my cards at 1.202Ghz and this didn't drop even when the temperature hit 80C.

Back
Top Bottom