Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

Associate
Oh, I just got an e-mail to say I've got into closed beta:

- Feel free to stream the game or post screenshots. However, we’d like to ask you to state that you’re playing a closed beta version of the game.
- Although the game is really fun at this stage, everything is still work-in-progress. Glitches might happen. Please report them, if they do.

Soldato
game is epic apart from one thing

People start a game, forfeit, send good game in hope you send GG to & get free Ore.

Their working on a fix for this though.

Soldato
Guys could anybody post the name of the email that CDPR use to hand out keys? I applied for beta ages ago and the email I used is just a spam/junk box now, have over 11k emails of crap since switching to a new one and have no idea how to find it incase I got a key.

Associate
I got invited into beta but im not gonna get bombarded by monsters, they will rape you,
so pup that, no ty.
I would be a newb but sod that grind behind them winners

Last edited:
Soldato
I got invited into beta but im not gonna get bombarded by monsters, they will rape you,
so pup that, no ty.
I would be a newb but sod that grind behind them winners

Monster deck as a lot of weaknesses, namely lacerate, scorch and poison,as well as clear weather. They spawn a lot of cards of the same value so they are easy to get rid of if you plan your deck right.

Soldato
Got a beta invite this afternoon \o/

They might be doing another round of invites in case anyone's hoping for one.

Soldato
Have to say i'm pretty addicted to this. Can easily achieve the two tiers of rewards each day.

For anyone still playing, huge update is incoming soon adding the Nilfgaard faction to the game. Could also be another 20 new cards spread across all factions plus major changes to how Weather works in the game.

I have like 5500 ore saved up for when Nilfgaard get released :o

Soldato
Had a game today where I got paired up again a rank 25 player and I'm rank 3 :p They have Skellig with a great deck and leader, I've got Scoiatel with a full 40 deck but basic cards.

We start and I get such a good selection, I had a base 8 strength card with 2 +8 str potions, a rally and a wolf to keep it into round 2. We start and I just throw it all on, then play a card that adds a random card from my deck, which was a Commander's Horn :D The card went up to 51 strength and the other player passed. I used a wolf to keep it to round 2 and was laughing so hard at how that turned out.

Into round 2 with an immediate 51 strength lead. I'm pray at this point the other player doesn't have a max strength card nuke or I'm screwed. No sign of it, we keep playing and I've got this card with more buffs up to 72 strength.

2 cards left for the other player and 2 for me. It's a rain spell and a +2 strength card, so nothing really important. I had to win with what I had, and I had a commanding lead.

At this point I'm celebrating my win, beating a rank 25 player at rank 3 with a rubbish deck. I throw in the rain spell, he loses around 4 strength. Nothing major.

With 2 cards left, my opponent draws a card

Dimeritium Bomb

My 72 strength card resets back to 8 strength.

Never said the F word so loud in my life :p

After that I lose the round, the other players' card procs bringing back a +16 strength card and I've got a +2 card and a fog spell.

Game over, lost :p

Back
Top Bottom