Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

Associate
Is there any clue as to when this is coming out?

Just finished collecting all the cards in Witcher 3, so need a new source of Gwent now.

Soldato
Is there any clue as to when this is coming out?

Just finished collecting all the cards in Witcher 3, so need a new source of Gwent now.

No date, been in closed beta for 3 months. Sign up to beta on their website and you might grab an invite for it.

Soldato
Just got an email today inviting me to the beta.

Had about 15 games so far, only won 3! I'm terrible at this! It's fun though, a lot more to learn than in game witcher 3 gwent....i keep playing it like im playing witcher 3 gwent which is probably what's causing me to lose so badly :D

does your progress in the beta continue on after release?

Soldato
Just got an email today inviting me to the beta.

Had about 15 games so far, only won 3! I'm terrible at this! It's fun though, a lot more to learn than in game witcher 3 gwent....i keep playing it like im playing witcher 3 gwent which is probably what's causing me to lose so badly :D

does your progress in the beta continue on after release?

Beta players will get some sort of reward for their time spent playing. It's been hinted by a streamer that we might even get 2 kegs for every level achieved. Plus Premium version of Geralt.

Make sure you are keeping your deck size to no more than 26 cards. Ideally stick to 25 whenever possible. If you post the deck you are using I can help refine it for you.

Soldato
Beta players will get some sort of reward for their time spent playing. It's been hinted by a streamer that we might even get 2 kegs for every level achieved. Plus Premium version of Geralt.

Make sure you are keeping your deck size to no more than 26 cards. Ideally stick to 25 whenever possible. If you post the deck you are using I can help refine it for you.

Ah that's pretty cool about the rewards, do they have an ETA for coming out of beta or is it open ended at the moment? Game seems fairly well refined as it is!

I'm using northern realms at the moment, i'll take a card or two out of the deck in that case as i've got 27 in it.

Just played 4 games and won them all :D Granted one of those was complete luck as the tit on the other team scorched his massive card haha. I tried playing scoia'tel yesterday but couldn't get on with it, i also find the monster deck to be a little too easy to beat. Not tried any others yet.

EDIT: Matchmaking seems a bit unfair at times. I'm level 4 and it's matching me against a guy that's level 21 and has tons of really nice cards....i still won though :D Sickest play ever, saved my scorch card till late in the game, he had a loads on the middle row, fog on turning most of his units to 1 (monster pack) then he had a card that changed them all to 6 strength as well as adding 3 strength to all of them, a whole row of about 6 x 9s. I killed them all with the scorch card, it felt so good :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was really looking forward to playing this but wish I hadn't bothered now. I just cannot seem to be able to win a game at all. The odd round here and there I can do but I'm vastly underpowered after round 1. I suppose they want you to pay for the kegs to get the best cards.

Caporegime
OP
I was really looking forward to playing this but wish I hadn't bothered now. I just cannot seem to be able to win a game at all. The odd round here and there I can do but I'm vastly underpowered after round 1. I suppose they want you to pay for the kegs to get the best cards.

Not really, good cards can be acquired very cheaply with the ingame currency.

Soldato
You playing much Shami?

Was playing around with a ST swarm deck. Using firetraps, Vrihedd Vanguards, BMC to spawn loads of Neophytes in order to buff Ele'yas. Also for extra neophytes using Isengrim and Eleven Mercenarys combo.

Decentish results but needs refined.

Unfortunately I didn't get too lucky opening kegs in regards to NG cards so hard to make a competitive deck for them.

Soldato
Latest update has nerfed a few aspects of my northern realms deck. Monster deck now seems much stronger....specifically weather clearing cards, you now have to select a specific row rather than clearing all. Although i figure this will play out better for all in the long run once they get the balance right.

Also the change to the reavers, they no longer give each other a 1 point buff for each reaver that's played....that's made those a lot weaker, given other decks have similar cards that get similar buffs. EDIT: looking at the change log, i just need to change my deck to suit my play again, quite a few buffs i hadn't noticed.

Not liking the nilfgard special for seeing 3 of your opponents cards either, seems a bit over powered. (granted i've not been beaten by a nilfgard deck yet, but that's not surprising given how long it's been out)

Caporegime
OP
JeditOjanen;30477726 said:
Got my beta key a couple of hours ago, and I just uninstalled. No, that isn't a typo. The game is horribly random and whoever plays the most gold cards wins.

There is a deck limit of gold cards and a few cards that counter them. It's more complex than that.

ColdAsIce;30478931 said:
You playing much Shami?

I haven't played recently no, saw they released the new deck so I might try it again.

Back
Top Bottom