***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Man of Honour
[TFU] Thegoon84;24290530 said:
Didn't see this thread... Post this up. Could do with some advice.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154051291&p=1072522041

Step away from the preconceptions about weightloss, metabolism, etc. :eek:

Do not embark on your proposed diet, because it will do nothing for you in the long term. You might get a couple of weeks of weightloss where your body falls apart due to lack of adequate nutrition, but then you'll slowly realise it's not repairing itself after exertion.

You are after a lifestyle change, not a "quick fix."

What you need to do from here is have a think about whether or not you want to change your life for the better, or carry on as a yo-yo dieting skinny-fat bloke. when you have arived at a conclusion in line with the first suggestion, come and talk to us. ;)

Soldato
Light headedness is also a lot to do with the valsalva manoeuvre which your body is pretty much forced to perform when tensing your core. This alters cardiac output quite dramatically due to restricted venous return to the heart. When the lift is let off there is a sudden drop in cardiac output hence dizziness. Wikipedia explains it better!

Soldato
Any feedback on my squat please Sorry if the angle is poor:

It was my last set for my 5x5 so was pretty burnt out (72.5kg).

Thanks.

(PS GRUNT FACE)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If you're aiming for high bar you need to be more upright. If it's a low bar the bar needs to be lower on your back and you need to sit back into the lift more.

Man of Honour
OP
^dis

Overall, nice squatting.

You definitely need to be developing more torque through your hips and knees. Tear the floor apart with your feet and push your knees out hard throughout the rep.

Man of Honour
As in? For me, I just want to squat, so I found (with help) the best movement for myself.

Unless you're talking about competitions or something, then I figured high and low bar are both allowed.

S'ok - the question was aimed at Skeptic...

If he wants to be a powerlifter and lift weights to... errr... lift weights, then low bar is fine.

If he wants to get the most out of squatting for athletic purposes (i.e. to help make cycling,running, whatever) and become more awesome, then high-bar or front squatting would be better because of the greater flexion (ROM, and therefore extension) across the various joints.

Back
Top Bottom