***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Caporegime
S'ok - the question was aimed at Skeptic...

If he wants to be a powerlifter and lift weights to... errr... lift weights, then low bar is fine.

If he wants to get the most out of squatting for athletic purposes (i.e. to help make cycling,running, whatever) and become more awesome, then high-bar or front squatting would be better because of the greater flexion (ROM, and therefore extension) across the various joints.

Ah okay, cheers *thumbs up*

Associate
Scott any ideas would be great! I seem to have a issue with my left/right chest/shoulder balance. For example you can majorly see it on the press machine, my left shoulder when I push is significantly "higher" than my left? Or another one would be bent over rows, when I pull up my left side goes a lot higher than my right and seems the stronger side even though I'm right handed. Any idea? Thank you :)

Caporegime
Heh, I have the same thing actually, I can press better with my left than my right, but my left arm will fatigue quicker sometimes...

Noob guess at hammering your lats and surrounding apparel?

Man of Honour
Whilst you're waiting for somebody that actually knows that they're talking about... :D

Scott any ideas would be great! I seem to have a issue with my left/right chest/shoulder balance. For example you can majorly see it on the press machine, my left shoulder when I push is significantly "higher" than my left? Or another one would be bent over rows, when I pull up my left side goes a lot higher than my right and seems the stronger side even though I'm right handed. Any idea? Thank you :)

Heh, I have the same thing actually, I can press better with my left than my right, but my left arm will fatigue quicker sometimes...

Noob guess at hammering your lats and surrounding apparel?

Ball in your anterior deltoid. If you don't scream, you're not doing it properly (as Delvis suggests - everybody has gash tissue in their delts. :) ).

That, and pec major/minor, as well as lats, posterior delt, and maybe even trap, too. I anticipate activation of tear ducts, and high frequency vocal chord vibrations.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ball in your anterior deltoid. If you don't scream, you're not doing it properly (as Delvis suggests - everybody has gash tissue in their delts. :) ).

That, and pec major/minor, as well as lats, posterior delt, and maybe even trap, too. I anticipate activation of tear ducts, and high frequency vocal chord vibrations.

I'm just going to invent a soft tissue tumble dryer for humans or something.

Client: I have a tight knot in my trap
Guru: Just go in the soft-tissue-o-matic-1000 and hit EVERYTHING!!11

Associate
Guys,

Something is really getting at me now I CANT GET DL's right.

I just cant sit back into them my legs don't allow it lol, I have been stretching trying everything, by legs just dont sit back to 90 with a straight back so I can then push through, this is me really really focusing on trying to sit back and while doing it I was very pleased until I saw the video.......

Do I just need to accept that I wont be able to get these.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Take another video, try and get your entire body in frame and show your setup. Have you watched the video in the OP? You are setting up too high currently, shoulders should be in line with the bar not in front. Head should be tucked not up.

Edit:
Found this old image, Delvis had the same issue.

dl_pic.png

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks I have taken a look and I can see what I need to do, someone at the gym I asked did actually physically pushed my legs into position but my legs were so tight I couldnt hold it there yet alone lift from that position. I just cant seem to get my ass low enough to get my shoulders more upright.

Man of Honour
Deadlift isn't bad at all, but mine are weird, anyway (damned wannabe Olympic lifter!)... You're probably not using a big enough weight to really feel what you're doing.

And what is that I see on the bar for squats? A man-size plate? ;) :D

In your quest for depth, you seem to be crumpling over your knees. So keep your core tight through the movement (bum back and up, chest big and up). Also push harder through your hips to heels, as you seem to lock out after your knees come back up.

Regardless, it's looking 1*10^60000000% better than your initial attempt! Great work! :)

Caporegime
Take another video, try and get your entire body in frame and show your setup. Have you watched the video in the OP? You are setting up too high currently, shoulders should be in line with the bar not in front. Head should be tucked not up.

Edit:
Found this old image, Delvis had the same issue.

dl_pic.png

Bugger me, makes me laugh when i see stuff like that :p

Back
Top Bottom