***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

I dont know if it was fatigue or the weights were too heavy, but despite doing 120kg Deadlift with relatively decent form last week, 130kg just seemed a lot heavier than I thought it would be.

The main issue was getting it off the floor without raising my hips too much. I did bring my hips, glutes in place as they were shaking by the end of the workout.

My lower back feels fine though. I will have to get another video of it.. Maybe it was just an off day :(

yo OP, icecold, include some videos on how to workout the middle back section.

rated your thread 5 stars, cheers,

I've got deads tonight so I'll try and get a video up. I don't know why but just thinking about trying to keep my arse low helps me, maybe it's from having done a variety of exercises that use glutes as a prime mover. I think it has just helped me work out how to switch them on fully.

Try some of the exercises listed here. The guy is a little weird but it has to be said he definitely knows his stuff about glutes :).

When I consciously try to keep my arse down when I initially move off the floor it helps to activate the right mucles to push the bar away from the floor. When I forget to do this I try to pull the bar off the floor, and this normally manifests itself in an arse raise and compromised position.

When I say arse down, it basically means keep your arse in check, make sure it doesn't rise first. It should move in tandem with the whole movement. By thinking about 'keeping it down' and actually trying to do that in the first part of the lift it has helped me achieve a better off the floor push.

When I say arse down, it basically means keep your arse in check, make sure it doesn't rise first. It should move in tandem with the whole movement. By thinking about 'keeping it down' and actually trying to do that in the first part of the lift it has helped me achieve a better off the floor push.

i knew what you meant, I'm just mentioning this other guy as it was hideous. I thought he was going to fall over as he was lifting, he was so unstable, and it was more of a hack squat, but his form and his body was contorted and an abomination of what a deadlift should be!

Yeah my grip is coming back, I've been doing static holds on the last rep but I thought that would make for a boring video so I didn't on that set :).

Quick Q Delvis: How high are you box jumps?

Back
Top Bottom