***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Associate
It depends on what you want from them. I played around with some at gymnastics that were around 50-55 inches, but that was just seeing how high I could go. There are also a ton a different ways to do things like that. You could try single leg box jumps, jump and land on one leg :), we did some of them on Tuesday as well.

Caporegime
It depends on what you want from them. I played around with some at gymnastics that were around 50-55 inches, but that was just seeing how high I could go. There are also a ton a different ways to do things like that. You could try single leg box jumps, jump and land on one leg :), we did some of them on Tuesday as well.

Ahh okay nice one :)

It was just something to stick on to the end of the leg day really. Seeing as i'm pretty unhealthy CV wise as well, it was quite good for that.

Caporegime
Fair enough. How come you chose that over something more traditional?

Traditional being? :)

I can't do much leg work if it involves my back, hence why I'm doing Split Squats at the moment as I find it's not too painful.

I may look in to Goblet squats and check my butt tuck, as that's what I wish to avoid.

No idea though really, just fancied them. And enjoyed them :p

Soldato
Traditional being? :)

I can't do much leg work if it involves my back, hence why I'm doing Split Squats at the moment as I find it's not too painful.

I may look in to Goblet squats and check my butt tuck, as that's what I wish to avoid.

No idea though really, just fancied them. And enjoyed them :p

Doing any kind of mobility work along with your workouts? This would really help with the butt tuck issue.

Caporegime
Doing any kind of mobility work along with your workouts? This would really help with the butt tuck issue.

It's not so much the butt tuck issue. It's the previous injury stopping me at the moment, that and I wish to develop my core more and recover more in general. :)

I think he just means more conventional cardio.

What else are you doing on your leg day, I've forgotten...

Er, this:

Bulgarian Split Squats:
3 x 10 x BW
1 x 5 x 10KG
3 x 12 x 12KG*

Glute Bridges:
3 x 15 x 25KG

Glute Ham Raises:
3 x 15 x 25KG**

Calve Raises:
3 x 15 x 70KG

Box jumps:
3 x 10

Sometimes Leg extensions, depends on if my legs need more of a hammering

Soldato
It's not so much the butt tuck issue. It's the previous injury stopping me at the moment, that and I wish to develop my core more and recover more in general. :)

Er, this:

Bulgarian Split Squats:
3 x 10 x BW
1 x 5 x 10KG
3 x 12 x 12KG*

Glute Bridges:
3 x 15 x 25KG

Glute Ham Raises:
3 x 15 x 25KG**

Calve Raises:
3 x 15 x 70KG

Box jumps:
3 x 10

Sometimes Leg extensions, depends on if my legs need more of a hammering

So, is that a no to any mobility work? :p

Caporegime
So, is that a no to any mobility work? :p

I'm doing some rehab work that the physio gave me, I've had to stop going to the physio as I can't afford it anymore. Other than that no.

The only thing I have is a dog ball for mob work, and anything BW related. I can't afford a foam roller or anything.

Anyway, rather not get in to the money issues, as I moan enough in other threads and annoy people :p

I'd certainly advise some glute and ham mobility work.

Have you tried DB step ups Delvis?

Which ones do you have in mind? I'm stretching my hams when I remember. Ideally I should be doing them 3 times a day, but it's hard to fit the time in. Also doing a few other bits the physio gave me.

And no, not done DB step ups...Do you not need a small-ish platform for step ups? I would love to get the quads out for once

EDIT: I you'd rather, I'll try and detail more in your mob thread rather than clutter this one with Mob talk

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Meh, if you have mobility questions then ask them there, but here's fine for now.

I'd say do all of the hamstring and glute stretches once a day for about 15 mins, which should be easy enough to fit in if you make the effort.

Try step ups to the weights bench, there is info in the OP.

Caporegime
Meh, if you have mobility questions then ask them there, but here's fine for now.

I'd say do all of the hamstring and glute stretches once a day for about 15 mins, which should be easy enough to fit in if you make the effort.

Try step ups to the weights bench, there is info in the OP.

Shall have a look at the video, might be something to incorporate!!! :D

What would you have in mind regarding glute stretches?

Man of Honour
If I'm remembering right from what Freefaller said to me step-ups should be no higher than to a a height where your knee is bent at a maximum of 90 degrees. I don't know if there is any detriment to your physiology beyond that point but it certainly seemed to reduce stability if you're trying a height above that because you've got to effectively lunge up.

Man of Honour
OP
That is essentially correct, but hip mobility/stability comes in to it. That's a good height to work at or towards, but some people might need to start lower if their hips wobble out to the side too much.

Back
Top Bottom