***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Man of Honour
Hehehe... Try a rear and side camera view as it is a bit hard to see what your back and hips are doing at the moment. :)

However, based on how I think I saw your hips moving (!), your lumbar doesn't look as stable as it could be: watch for bum tuck. Also, your knees caved slightly, so make sure you keep them out.

BORs... Keep your back and shoulders tight, chest up and torso more horizontal.

Associate
Haha, I shall do. I'd have gotten both today but the guy doing the recording is rather useless!

Is hip movement good? I think the way I position my back is the most difficult part of the exercise, I struggle with bar placement and keeping my back straight!

Will keep that in mind when next doing BORs!

Man of Honour
OP
Can't see enough from those videos to comment really. There does indeed look to be something weird going on with your hips/lumbar on your squats, and your general BOR movement doesn't look quite right. Are your forearms vertical? If your back flat?

Side and rear views please.

Permabanned
For anyone who does lateral raises in here what kind of weight are you using?

I've found going above 15kg with strict form is causing my shoulder to pop, if I drop to 10's it doesn't happen. Any other exercise I can use to hit side delts?

Man of Honour

I've found going above 15kg with strict form is causing my shoulder to pop, if I drop to 10's it doesn't happen. Any other exercise I can use to hit side delts?

Which bit is popping? Does it hurt? Does it happen with the raising or lowering of the dumbell?

How many reps are you doing?

It could be a number of things...

Soldato
I only use light weight when I do mine, although it's more a shoulder prehab exercise for me right at the end of my upper workouts, rather than some sort of delt exercise. I do mine Lu Xiaojun style (I think he's using 10kg plates here), no popping/weird noises coming from my shoulder:

Hnnngggg. Hnnnnngg.

Hnggggg.

Soldato
Don't we all.

42f285763cd2c86c1c0ca97c46691f14.jpg

In.

tumblr_mve4md2Kru1rs4stjo4_500.png

IN.

lu-xiaojun-macklem.jpg

INNNNNNN!!!

Man of Honour
OP

See my FAQ above.

Also, use less weight and do slow negatives.

Soldato
Fronties - by the end of my sets it's all red and angry where the bar is rubbing against it. Is this normal yes/no? I do have sensitive skin mind you (lol) and I remember seeing Donny Shankle have a taped up neck where he'd cut himself, but still.

Permabanned
When I do upright rows I feel a twinge kind of sensation just above the right scapula, slightly to the left. It happens as I start to lower the weight from the highest point. Changing the angle of my hands or head position doesn't seem to help. It doesn't hurt, just doesnt feel pleasant.. like a tendon or something getting caught.

Anyone know what it could be?

Back
Top Bottom