Had the most epic night last night...

Associate
This thread is amazing/bizarre/sad beyond belief.

I lost heart sixty posts in and skipped to the end.

I can't believe that someone in their mid twenties feels the need to post pictures of their bank card on a forum of random strangers...that's an incredibly sad and empty thing to do. :(

Just...wow...

I think you took my post too seriously.

:o at the bank card...

I guess money doesn't buy you class eh? :p

That goes for you too.

Soldato
coolstarrybraq.jpg

Associate
Even if it was tongue in cheek or sarcastic, it was done in full knowledge that we would know of your 'financial superiority'. Not really sure what your thought process was to be honest, not a chance of that coming off well!

Not really, it could be a picture I found on google images.

Permabanned
you only need 50k in your bank account for the private account and that can be linked to property and portfolios so doesnt even have to be liquid :)

:o at the bank card...

I guess money doesn't buy you class eh? :p

I have never understood the kudos of specific bank accounts. My wife and I are reasonably wealthy compared to the average joe, (combined income somewhat over £150k/annum, significantly more in savings/investment. now I'm bragging:rolleyes:) yet we just have the normal HSBC Premier account (although we qualify without the need to pay a fee), even though we could afford a Coutts or something similar account if we chose to.

It's ok if you use the perks, but most people just have one so they can show off the card. Pointless.

Last edited:
Associate
Thread would suceed if you tell us what you did and how much you spent, otherwise why even make this thread. There's not like an open question 'did anyone else go out last night', 'anyone out tonight' or 'anyone had any horrible nights in the past'. The thread at the moment is just a thread for us to aknowledge that you 1. went out and 2. spent money. Pretty sure i did that last night too. I might make a thread about how this morning i had breakfast at work and something really good happened but i can't go into it and I spent an amount i'm not going to tell you. Great thread.

Associate
But it's obviously not because you would have said so and you are coming out with facts about the card.... :o

What is wrong with a bit of bragging on the internet? Sure it makes me sound like an absolute A-hole but that is as far as it goes. People post fancy things on the internet all the time, whether it being their cars, homes, watches etc. You must understand that my post is not to be taken seriously.

Look on the bright side, I'm paying more in tax for the better education and health care of Britain.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have never understood the kudos of specific bank accounts. My wife and I are reasonably wealthy compared to the average joe, (combined income somewhat over £150k/annum, significantly more in savings/investment. now I'm bragging:rolleyes:) yet we just have the normal HSBC Premier account (although we qualify without the need to pay a fee), even though we could afford a Coutts or something similar account if we chose to.

It's ok if you use the perks, but most people just have one so they can show off the card. Pointless.

Agree I don't even have a credit card - no need for one so don't bother.

Don

well coutts is half a mil clear cash or 5mil in assets for the run of the mil account, god knows what the private reserve requires!

Soldato
What is wrong with a bit of bragging on the internet?

Look on the bright side, I'm paying more in tax for the better education and health care of Britain.

Mostly because bragging on the Internet makes you look at bit of a bell end. There is simply no point.

The only reasons I can see are for feeling superior or wanting people to ackowledge how "amazing" you are...

Those who make money and have no need to brag about it are a better kind of people IMHO, however those who tirelessly work in the service of others (like carers) are far better.

I blame the rise of so called celebrity culture for our current obsession with bragging about all the things you have.

I have a healthy wife & son who love me and a nice roof over my head. No amount of things can compete with that...

What an odd thread.

Permabanned
well coutts is half a mil clear cash or 5mil in assets for the run of the mil account, god knows what the private reserve requires!

No its not, the standard current account is open to anyone with £250,000 in investments with the bank, or deposit a minimum of £250,000 in total value.

The fee is £150 per quarter if you fall below or do not meet these criteria.

http://www.coutts.com/files/banking-services-for-private-clients-fee-tariff.pdf

Private Reserve accounts at Coutts are simply savings accounts which can be of any amount (although usually in excess of £100k)

Last edited:
Don
No its not, the standard current account is open to anyone with £250,000 in investments with the bank, or deposit a minimum of £250,000 in total value.

The fee is £150 per quarter if you fall below or do not meet these criteria.

http://www.coutts.com/files/banking-services-for-private-clients-fee-tariff.pdf

oh its dropped since I last looked :)

they have lowered their "standards" clearly even the queens bank is in need of any old cash these days

whatever next trainers in 50 St James!

real people bank here - http://www.hoaresbank.co.uk/

Back
Top Bottom