Had the most epic night last night...

Permabanned
oh its dropped since I last looked :)

they have lowered their "standards" clearly even the queens bank is in need of any old cash these days

whatever next trainers in 50 St James!

real people bank here - http://www.hoaresbank.co.uk/

It not any different, there is a lot of misinformation about Coutts. We had our mortgage with them and they were always offering us accounts of one form or another.

They never used to publish their requirements at all until RBS took them over.

Hoares is by invitation only is it not?

Associate
I can count on one finger the number of times I went to my bank in person last year, which is lucky as my bank has two branches :p

embrace the modern age

I visit my bank quite often due to the international transfers I needed to make which results in form filling. I know there is a method through on-line banking but last time I checked there was a limitation.

Soldato
I'm not disgustingly loaded.

Have you not just spent the last five pages of this thread making sure we all know you are though?

I can only speak for myself but I now think you look like this:

20110107-n1634d7kxrpueicp937unra8dx.jpg

Don
It not any different, there is a lot of misinformation about Coutts. We had our mortgage with them and they were always offering us accounts of one form or another.

They never used to publish their requirements at all until RBS took them over.

Hoares is by invitation only is it not?

Well when we placed our business with Coutts it was definitely 5mil in assets, as you say the actual amount of cash is subject to misinformation and highly changeable depending on the other factors potentiall customers bring to the table.

we (then partnered with a large statarb hedge fund) moved to Hoares due to the CFO of the fund being on the board.

neither bank added much value in normal day to day banking terms, what they do offer is a fantastic network or contacts, identical masonic lodges but presented differently.

DM

DM

Permabanned
Well when we placed our business with Coutts it was definitely 5mil in assets, as you say the actual amount of cash is subject to misinformation and highly changeable depending on the other factors potentiall customers bring to the table.

we (then partnered with a large statarb hedge fund) moved to Hoares due to the CFO of the fund being on the board.

neither bank added much value in normal day to day banking terms, what they do offer is a fantastic network or contacts, identical masonic lodges but presented differently.

its like lodges, for posh people :)

Permabanned

But that wasn't for personal banking though was it?.

They were fantastic when we had our mortgage with them, the only reason we didn't do our day to day banking with them is because HSBC is closer and offered the same level of service with more convenience.

We never had £5m in assets combined. We still don't.

Last edited:
Don
But that wasn't for personal banking though was it?.

They were fantastic when we had our mortgage with them, the only reason we didn't do our day to day banking with them is because HSBC is closer and offered the same level of service with more convenience.

We never had £5m in assets combined. We still don't.

nope you are correct, mine was a personal business account

5m is in indeed a tall order for most individuals :)

Back
Top Bottom