***Halo 5***

Soldato
OP
Actually reading it seems set up for long range gunplay from the Pro players, they are asking that maybe give it a few weeks and see what players think by then as you might get used to it by then.

Associate
I should be on Sunday night from around about half 6. I'm yet to try Warzone, but from what I've read its good to have a decent size fire team, be good to get a few of us on.

i'm up for it, i really like to try fire team of 8+

Sunday - 6:30pm, anyone else?

Associate
The good news is that all of the DLC that is going to be released will be free

It's not so much the variety of maps but the way it plays. Shooting the other team is pretty pointless. It's all about monotonessly pounding some NPC with the crappy stock weapons.

Battlefield, TF2, Left4Dead etc all had a point; interaction with the environment, interaction with other players, variety of weapons. Halo 5 has none of these. I played better games in 1999.

Soldato
These free dlc maps they will be doing, are they going ti be full proper maps and not just 343 using forge like half the maps in the game now?

Finished the campaign today, got more fun towards the end. Was good, better that halo 4 atleast but not one i would replay soon

Time to focus on mp :)

Soldato
OP
These free dlc maps they will be doing, are they going ti be full proper maps and not just 343 using forge like half the maps in the game now?

Finished the campaign today, got more fun towards the end. Was good, better that halo 4 atleast but not one i would replay soon

Time to focus on mp :)

Whats wrong with Forge maps....some of the most popular arena style maps came from pro Forge creators.

Soldato
Whats wrong with Forge maps....some of the most popular arena style maps came from pro Forge creators.

Na thats fine but im just saying they made a big point out of saying the mapss will be free, so for them to then just be forge maps would seem a bit half baked imo.

I did enjoy some of reaches forge maps but it just felt like every game was on one, same looking enviroment etc felt a bit cheap in a way

Soldato
Think the multiplayer on this is good enough to last?

I cant really tell tbh, its a solid halo game, but if you like the sense of progression etc you get by unlocking guns etc this isnt going to last as long, though there are loads of armor items to get, just asthetic though!

Some ok maps but no stand out classics at the moment, need to play some more really!

The new warzone mode is a nice addition but i dont think that has legs really! It will be great fun for a while but can see players moving on quick

Associate
It's not so much the variety of maps but the way it plays. Shooting the other team is pretty pointless. It's all about monotonessly pounding some NPC with the crappy stock weapons.

Battlefield, TF2, Left4Dead etc all had a point; interaction with the environment, interaction with other players, variety of weapons. Halo 5 has none of these. I played better games in 1999.

Not too sure what game you are playing here.

The "point" of Halo is you spawn in an arena with the same preset of weapons as your opponents, and use your skill to win the game.

You can't really state that other games aren't like Halo when they follow a different formula, especially Left4Dead. You are comparing a game solely based around the campaign experience to a primarily arena shooter. Of course they are going to be a different experience.

Also, let's look at a game you may have played in 1999, Quake II. As far as I know Quake is one of the poster boys for arena shooters, just like Halo is intended to be. You claim that there is no point to Halo 5 yet if you are a FPS fan as it seems so you likely played Quake II which is supposedly a better game than Halo 5 yet follows a similar formula.

Soldato
^ lol, did you melee him in the face after?

EDIT: Why dosent H5 have that satisfying melee 'bone cracking' sound from H1, I used to love melee-ing grunts trying to run away. :D

Soldato
what sensitivity do you guys go for for multiplayer? i know its personal preference just wondering! i had mine at 6 but have lowered it to 4 and am finding it a bit better for controlling the pistol.

auto aim has annoyed me once or twice though, can be shooting someone about to kill them and then it snaps to another target that runs by :D

Soldato
Picked this up today and loving it so far. Only played the campaign but it has that old Halo vibe I have been missing.

Whether I will get to play some more now the Mrs has got her hands on the controller I don't know... :o :D

Associate
Not too sure what game you are playing here.

The "point" of Halo is you spawn in an arena with the same preset of weapons as your opponents, and use your skill to win the game.

You can't really state that other games aren't like Halo when they follow a different formula, especially Left4Dead. You are comparing a game solely based around the campaign experience to a primarily arena shooter. Of course they are going to be a different experience.

You've missed what I was saying; Halo 5 brings nothing new to the genre, so why the "MP is incredible" hype? I find the lack of ways to play the game and kill the other team mundane. After about 5 hours of MP I feel like I've done it all and I'm now bored.

Also, let's look at a game you may have played in 1999, Quake II

Nope, Unreal Tournament.

Variety of game modes, maps, weapons, and combat were all far superior to Halo 5.

Back
Top Bottom