***Halo 5***

Soldato
I'm disappointed at the lack of BTB. Warzone is fun, but it's not quite the same. The req cards system has changed the game considerably.

Soldato
Is this game really short? Think i got to mission 12 last night, but swear 2 missions were just me moving from on person to another to trigger a cutscene and get an achivement as if that was counted as a mission, 2 of thos sandwiched mission 10 i think? So if theres only 15 then im not far off and that feels like it was done to make it sound longer than it is?

I may have the numbers wrong **

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never really played a halo properly before and I don't know if I'd like this one - I like FPS and this seems good as it's in a sci-fi setting

Soldato
Think we will see BTB some point soon
I do hope for some more maps but I am aware there are 18 coming? Right now it is all about 'The Rig' for me on Strongholds. I struggle in pure team slayer and much prefer objective based games

Soldato
Just finished the story and have a few thoughts regarding it (spoilered for obvious reasons):

1. Gameplay is as good as ever from a Halo game, it feels more polished than most FPS games.

2. The score and all the sound effects are superb, really top notch sound work.

3. The guns are fun and varied, but I don't remember them running out of ammo so fast. It's annoying there isn't more ammo for the spartan weapons, I spent probably 75% of the story using either covenant or forerunner weapons even though I prefer the spartan weapons.

4. The storyline isn't particularly engaging, certainly not as good as the other Halo games imo. The marketing material for it is also quite misleading. There isn't really that much of a conflict between Master Chief and Locke, not to the point where they nearly kill each other anyway.

5. Enemy AI is excellent on heroic or legendary difficulty level, but team AI is nowhere near as good. I frequently found myself having to tell my team which enemy they should target because they were so useless at taking out the biggest threats. Also, they are awful at reviving you if you go down. There were several occasions where I'd climbed up onto a ledge or higher area and they couldn't figure out how to reach me for revival. That or they just totally ignored my requests to be revived.

6. The story is possibly a bit short, or it feels that way compared to some previous Halo games anyway, but it does set things up well for future Halo games.

Soldato
OP
Just finished the story and have a few thoughts regarding it (spoilered for obvious reasons):

1. Gameplay is as good as ever from a Halo game, it feels more polished than most FPS games.

2. The score and all the sound effects are superb, really top notch sound work.

3. The guns are fun and varied, but I don't remember them running out of ammo so fast. It's annoying there isn't more ammo for the spartan weapons, I spent probably 75% of the story using either covenant or forerunner weapons even though I prefer the spartan weapons.

4. The storyline isn't particularly engaging, certainly not as good as the other Halo games imo. The marketing material for it is also quite misleading. There isn't really that much of a conflict between Master Chief and Locke, not to the point where they nearly kill each other anyway.

5. Enemy AI is excellent on heroic or legendary difficulty level, but team AI is nowhere near as good. I frequently found myself having to tell my team which enemy they should target because they were so useless at taking out the biggest threats. Also, they are awful at reviving you if you go down. There were several occasions where I'd climbed up onto a ledge or higher area and they couldn't figure out how to reach me for revival. That or they just totally ignored my requests to be revived.

6. The story is possibly a bit short, or it feels that way compared to some previous Halo games anyway, but it does set things up well for future Halo games.

Pretty much this

This is nothing like they advertised...which is annoying...cause if they didn't bother with the whole hunt the truth ( as a side story its FAR more interesting), it would have made more sense, you never once got the feeling the Chief was out on his own and his friends came to his rescue to back him up..they where working together cause the UNSC put them together, you never felt once CHief had really disobeyed and gone out of his way to stay in the shadows. Imagine playing as the Chief..but the story made in such a way as you and Blue Team did missions..you still didn't know if you where actually doing the right thing..with Locke being told and fed all the stuff from ONI about the Chief and making it his personal thing to find and get the chief etc.

It does set things up well though with all the AIs going mad.

Associate
Think we will see BTB some point soon
I do hope for some more maps but I am aware there are 18 coming? Right now it is all about 'The Rig' for me on Strongholds. I struggle in pure team slayer and much prefer objective based games

Used to love BTB and can't wait for it to be back.

Soldato
Is there some key teick to being better at this? Absolutly terrible at arena, not sure why was doing really well on mcc the other day but i just cant grasp the feel of this! Unless its because i moved the xbox from my smaller pc monitor to the tv, doubt it but maybe smaller screen gives me more focus or something lol

Soldato
OP
Is there some key teick to being better at this? Absolutly terrible at arena, not sure why was doing really well on mcc the other day but i just cant grasp the feel of this! Unless its because i moved the xbox from my smaller pc monitor to the tv, doubt it but maybe smaller screen gives me more focus or something lol

Arena is hard, but its like anything new really, trick is Pistol really has been ramped up in is very obvious in Arena, I had to turn the look sensitivity up as in default its rather sluggish to run with.

Soldato
Arena is hard, but its like anything new really, trick is Pistol really has been ramped up in is very obvious in Arena, I had to turn the look sensitivity up as in default its rather sluggish to run with.

Yea pistol is good! Im not too bad but just find as soon as i get a kill i am killed 1-2 seconds after or at the same time by the person i was shooting :D not gotting any sort of spree going etc only a few double kills

May try pushing sensitivity up im on 5 atm

Associate
I must be missing something. Am I the only one who finds the MP very limited and dull?

Admittedly it is quite dull at the moment in terms of variety. My guess is that Microsoft wanted to release before some of the bigger releases this year (i.e. Blops III) and as such left some things out with plans to change them in a post-release update. I primarily play SWAT and I think there is only 5 maps in rotation.

The good news is that all of the DLC that is going to be released will be free (15 maps planned so far by June 2016 I think). No doubt these releases will also include playlist changes/additions. Not to mention the release of seasons later in November and Forge in December (with 1600+ objects to use).

Hopefully these updates will bring some QOL changes such as the ability to see who is in the same lobby as you, map voting etc

Soldato
I'm not sure what i think of Warzone. I can be fun and would probably be great if you could play with a group but with randoms once a team pulls out a lead everyone stops spending cards and just waits to lose or at least that's how the last 3-4 games i've played have felt.

Being camped in your base by 2 tanks and nobody will even spend a card on a launcher or laser cause "there's no point just wait to lose" is annoying.

Its a shame cause i like the game mode but some times your just waiting to lose.

Associate
Finally had a chance to play last night! Did some campaign and had a few games of slayer. Racked up a nice 16 - 6 was happy with that :) So I may be a bit biast, but It's brilliant. Hit reg etc. seems spot on.

Associate
Finally had a chance to play last night! Did some campaign and had a few games of slayer. Racked up a nice 16 - 6 was happy with that :) So I may be a bit biast, but It's brilliant. Hit reg etc. seems spot on.

Multiplayer is awesome! Loving Warzone. Played 10 games of arena slayer yesterday, got ranked at platinum. I think it not only goes on how many games you win but your performance in those games, as in KD and such. We need to get a group together this weekend, will be a laugh. :D

Soldato
Im terrible, and have been ranked gold and am not having a good time lol am i being matched against actual good players? I dont know how i got gold, my mate is much better and is on bronze. Can it be reset?

Associate
I should be on Sunday night from around about half 6. I'm yet to try Warzone, but from what I've read its good to have a decent size fire team, be good to get a few of us on.

Back
Top Bottom