***Halo 5***

Pre-ordered Halo 4 for my brother. We played co-op campaign and a handful of multiplayer matches/Spartan-Ops and never touched it. Nowadays, he usually plays Halo Reach or Halo 1 on PC. If we play Halo together, it's usually on Halo Reach. Halo 4 isn't a bad game, but I've had enough. I don't have an XBONE (wasn't foolish enough to buy one for MCC) and I don't ever plan on buying any future Halo game. MCC was a train-wreck. The only purpose it could have served was to return Halo to the PC, but they never did that.

The only way I'll ever care again, is if it were released for PC. I loved the Halo1/2 modded maps and stuff. You could even get the Halo 1 campaign maps with Halo 2 weapons. Apologies for being such a negative nancy.

Edit: But the Halo universe and lore is a great one. Though the Forerunner trilogy seems to throw the established plot down the drain. Currently reading the Halo written novels, currently on Cole Protocol and loving it.

Last edited:
This is the first halo I havnt been absolutely shaking with excitement for. I have even considered selling my Xbox one after the bomb of halo MCC. In theory it was the best game ever but it disappointed me so much... Its left a bitter taste to be honest

267-cover-reveal-spread.jpg

fY3DFRc.png

LUsNWJU.png

You've played the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta. Now it's time to uncover the mysteries behind the story.

We went to 343 Industries to get the first hands-on with Master Chief's campaign. As you can see from the cover imagery, the Chief is now accompanied by the legendary Blue Team in both single-player and four-player co-op. Linda, Fred, and Kelly were abducted when they were six years old alongside John to be turned into Spartan-II super soldiers. This tight-knit squad grew up together and battled through many adventures in the expanded fiction, but this will mark their first significant role in a core Halo game. With the loss of Cortana in Halo 4, Blue Team steps up to interact with Chief, appear in cutscenes, and accept commands from him in single-player. In co-op play, everyone takes on a specific member, each with a different loadout unique to their specialty.

We played an early mission set before Master Chief and Blue Team are declared AWOL by the very military that made them. The flipside of the campaign follows Spartan Jameson Locke, seen in the Halo: Nightfall TV series, as he tracks down Halo's signature hero to bring him in or take him down. Locke recruits a team of his own, Fireteam Osiris, to do the job. This mix of familiar and new faces rounds out the team of high-tech Spartan-IVs, who all come from elite military backgrounds. See if you can spot a returning fan favorite in our coverage trailer below.

Our lengthy hands-on sessions also included plenty of time in the revamped competitive Arena multiplayer. In the cover story, we break down specific changes to the Empire map from last winter's beta and we debut a never-before-seen map called Fathom. This undersea base looks gorgeous and is loaded with all kinds of hidden tricks for experienced players to dig in and discover. 343 also teases a new multiplayer mode never seen in a Halo game before. Read about all this and more in the latest issue of Game Informer.

Yeap, they are bringing stories together, kinda why they prob brought out ODST for the MCC the other week.
Hes part of a group formed by Locke. Although Buck is a Spartan MKIV

Not that it matters, Blue Team will wipe them out lol

•Whether playing as Chief or Locke, you're accompanied by a fireteam of 3 A.I. which you can command/issue orders to in the campaign
•Highlighting an enemy and hitting up on the D-Pad orders your team to assault an enemy
•Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
•AI teammates can revive you as well
•Confirmed: Linda, Kelly, and Fred join the Chief ( much hyped "Blue Team")
•Game starts out before Chief is on the run
•Audio has been heavily reworked from the ground up for Xbox One (bullet sounds, debris, etc)
•8 months after Halo 4 ends, cataclysmic events are tearing apart star systems, these are tied to the Guardians (Forerunner entities shown in the first teaser trailer)
•Game Informer played the second mission, taking command of Chief and Blue Team to take back an ONI research vessel abandoned for 2 years
•Team banter replaces interactions with Cortana to flesh out the characters
•There are multiple routes to take in levels
•The zealous religions Covenant are slowly abandoning Jul M'dama's leadership in Halo 4
•XBL Gold is not required for online co-op.
•Halo 5 will launch with over 20 multiplayer maps
•15 DLC maps by June 2016
•All maps will be free
•Teases a "completely new, epic multiplayer experience" they'll reveal at E3. Incorporates "all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the first time ever" ( roumoured to be a big Battlefield styled mode)
•This MP experience is described as a "dream of ours and all our fans to build something like this"

Last edited:
Prob cause it will be a free online 4-way co-op.

Nice usual IGN reliable click bait though.

Splitscreen is still in for 2 players on MP, just not for campaign.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom