***Han Solo movie***

Soldato
Haven't had any interest in this at all, not watched a single trailer or read anything about it.

Got a free ticket to see this afternoon through work so I'm going along!

Soldato
I do have a few niggles though. Main one being how meeting Chewie, winning the Falcon off Lando and the Kessler run all happened in this one movie. The events of the 12 parsed run also don't match with what we already know from canon.

Oh and FUE!! It was bad enough inventing it for TLJ, but also having it in this. WTF

Last edited:
Caporegime
In A New Hope, aka Star Wars (1977) there is a quick shot where you see a Rebel tech fueling an X-wing.

In Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Ric Olie and Obi-Wan mention damage to a hyperdrive that’s losing fuel.

So
yeah, fuel is a thing.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
The good:
Literally everything good, of any weight in Han Solo's life seemingly happened across a week some 9 years before ANH. Convenient, otherwise you would have to go through more of these.
Having said the above, Solo in this movie is not the cynical, scoundrel, pressure cooker Han Solo we know. It will take at least one sequel to explain what made him so.
At times the movie feels as if a lot of good footage was cut out, other times it feels as if it's a shortened version of some long, slow pace TV show, but generally it's hard to understand what drives the characters you are watching and they are often full of contradictions.
We don't get to discover why Einreicheinfuhrer is wearing Nicolas Cage's dead ferret wig on his head instead of Han Solo's hairdo. So there are more mysteries for sequels.
We do get to discover that Zorro, Superman and Lando have the same obsessive compulsive wardrobe penchant, apparently.
Turns out Kessel Run in 14 12 parsecs has the laziest, easiest, paint by number explanation. We all know by now that parsec is a measurement of distance, not time, but although there may be literally better speculations on forums, even on this forum, then what was provided - you don't have to wonder about that legend anymore.
Comedic robots, they weren't always funny. Turns out.
As others already have said - fuel. It is a thing.
Soundtrack doesn't exist, on any level. Disney saves you money on OST again.
There are at least two OT camoes, but not how/what you expect.

The bad:
Absolutely nothing, of course (awaits high 90% rotten tomatoes score).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just an FYI, I will be outright banning anyone that posts spoilers that aren't in tags.

There is a sticky and a set of rules that have given ample warning about this. No exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom