***Han Solo movie***

Caporegime

Their ongoing parody of Youtube shills is why I tend to favour print media.

Though ironically I do watch Redlettermedia for their own reviews. Usually after I've seen a movie though.

Last edited:
Associate
TLJ is still sat at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. Solo is currently rated at 73% amongst the Critics.

So its WORSE than TLJ and that's from the critics being paid by Disney to say nice things about it!

Can't wait to see the audience score! Think I'll give this one a pass as well.

Caporegime
So its WORSE than TLJ and that's from the critics being paid by Disney to say nice things about it!

I get so bored of reading this

People just throw it around as if it's a defacto truth.

Has any magazine or reviewer ever been found to be colluding with a movie studio to artificially inflate scores for money?

How come Warner's can't catch a break on the DCU movies if it's so easy to buy good reviews?

Associate
I'm of the opinion that low expectation generally means surprsingly good film and vice versa.

Maybe there is a paradox in that thinking however.

Soldato
I see what you did there.

News this morning is that nearly everyone liked Lando so much that the money is on him getting his own film.

Also likely that an Obi Wan film will start next year.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/solo-sequel-lando-spin-off-discussion/

star wars is creatively bankrupt - all they know to do is repeat the same old characters, its so boring.
I loved the originals but i'm done with sw if this is all they can come up with.

Associate
Nah, I get a distinct feeling everyone is trying to leave their "mark" on the film world. But because they all lack the capability to handle something so big, all they're doing is ending up undermining themselves with their "lack of vision" and blaming everyone else but themselves.

Again, the Mass Effect 3 ending with Casey Hudson "solo'ing" deal. You have a vision to bring it all together, but then decide to make executive decisions that undermine it all. Then have the audacity to claim it's not you, it's everyone else that's the problem.

Meh, getting heated up again. Nevermind. But yeah, word of mouth is, I can safely grab it from the bluray/dvd bargain bin assuming I don't have better things to grab in the future.

Associate
I get so bored of reading this

People just throw it around as if it's a defacto truth.

Has any magazine or reviewer ever been found to be colluding with a movie studio to artificially inflate scores for money?

Comedy gold as always from Hanna , he doesn't believe anything until the BBC tell him it's true. Go back to sleep......

Back
Top Bottom