***Han Solo movie***

Suspended
Decent film, didn't feel too starwars but had just enough in, more like a crime caper set in the sw universe

Some bits were a bit corny but there was plenty of surprises
such as chewie ripping someone apart, han doing what he needed to do and shooting first

Better than the last jedi anyways

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it was a 12A rating. The original Star Wars on video was a 'U' (What with them being kids movies :D )

Both the points you mentioned raised a smirk.
I'm glad it wasn't totally on the nose though, I half expected Woody Harrelson whilst dying to say: "Always shoot first", which would have been bad

Soldato
bit more detail (spoilers)

Alden, Lando, Beckett, Chewie, all good choices and actors
loved seeing the falcon get trashed
Train heist was a good action scene
Kessel run was also good (especially with the music playing :D)
liked all the double crossing at the end
Han shooting first was perfect
Hans dad used to work on the YT-1300 production line, detroit car industry collapse sort of thing was neat
Nest was a good looking character as well and unexpected twist
Han - Chewie and Han - lando stuff was all gold
L3 getting uploaded to the falcon fits well

Qi'ra was a bit dull, also bit convenient that she just shows up and taps him on the arm
Also thought it was too convenient that the Conveyx raid, Dryden meeting and Lando gambling lodge are all on the same snow planet???

never really been into Mauls survival, not really that excited seeing him again

Suspended
bit more detail (spoilers)

Qi'ra was a bit dull,
also bit convenient that she just shows up and taps him on the arm

She's just not that great in anything other than Game of Thrones. It's weird.

Also thought it was too convenient that the Conveyx raid, Dryden meeting and Lando gambling lodge are all on the same snow planet???

Well Dryden was coming to them to take the product off their hands after the raid. Lando wasn't on the same planet AFAIK. I could be wrong, but we (the audience) just didn't see them taking a transport ship to wherever he was

Last edited:
Soldato
Well Dryden was coming to them to take the product off their hands after the raid. Lando wasn't on the same planet AFAIK. I could be wrong, but we (the audience) just didn't see them taking a transport ship to wherever he was

you wouldn't get the big boss turning up at the crime scene?
For lando if it is a different planet then confusing to go from snow planet to snow planet without showing a trip?

Soldato
anyone else think their cinema projector was broken?

I thought it was a crappy cineworld screen, but just seen other people talking about it, including RLM
seems that they messed up the colour grading or lighting or something? was murky and hard to see at some points for me

Soldato
I made the mistake of watching it in standard 3D, free with unlimited card, usually means a quieter screen not that this was an issue looking at this thread. Not a very well lit movie at all, made even darker with the polarised lenses. Again probably for the best not seeing what was going on.

Not in any rush to see it again, but it was still better than TLJ.

Suspended
Being barely able to see what's happening isn't much of a style though

In fact I would say that was my biggest criticism but then at 4k/HDR on my OLED I might find it much clearer

I remember having a similar issue with a sequence in Black Panther at my local Odeon screen 1

Soldato
I know collectively its Disney but the creative teams behind Marvel and SW are different in circumstance and situation.

(Marvel) - Still has the same creative "Marvel" teams who know material, who know what they want, how they want to do it and which direction they want the films to go. (Productions have to check in with Marvel on how it impacts the franchise without much interference from Disney)

SW - you have Kennedy who isnt Lucas and doesnt knows exactly where this is heading, from what we have seen and doesnt have much control or care how their films are made. Pretty much free reign to do what they want. Her only objective is profit first and everything second. The contrast can be seen between TFA and TLJ.
this is just opinion and not fact.

She was about when Lucas was still running the show, so think she knows everything that was planned. Also am sure Lucas must still have some influence on things. I fully believe She and Lucas film do very much care how the films are made and also aren't just 'in it for the money.

Man of Honour
anyone else think their cinema projector was broken?

I thought it was a crappy cineworld screen, but just seen other people talking about it, including RLM
seems that they messed up the colour grading or lighting or something? was murky and hard to see at some points for me
I didn’t have any problem with the colour or lighting whatsoever. Never felt it looked ‘murky’.

Back
Top Bottom