Harry and Meghan to resign

Age of Consent in Palm Beach, Florida is 18 , and they were the investigating police department. Her statement included details of travel between 4 addresses including Palm Beach when she was 16 (she was 17, August 9th 2000)
Either way, he is hardly a nonce for smashing a 16-17y/o. Even by our own definition he isn't a nonce.

Wasn't the accuser of legal age and consented?
Under US law no, also it's hard to consent if you've been trafficked* and the US has specific laws about moving "minors" across state lines for "immoral purposes" in addition to anything else. Also if it happened anywhere in US jurisdiction, or partly in US jurisdiction, or with a US citizen then IIRC US law is that it's an offence regardless of where the adult came from It's a combination of both older laws and more modern ones specifically aimed to stop people like Gary Glitter** and Maxwell.

So No, she wasn't of legal age in the US, and thus could not have consented under US law (statutory rape), add in the trafficked part and even if she was of a legal age it would have been an offence as IIRC it's assumed that there is an element of coercion if you've been trafficked.

[edit]
It's worth remembering, if the victim was moved across any state lines, or taken out of the country the "State" age of consent is not the one used for liability, it's the federal one. Specifcially to deal with issues such as someone taking a child from one state with a higher age of consent to one with a lower one (I can't remember which one it is, but one of the "red" states from memory has it at something like 13 under some circumstances).
So the fact she was 17 would definitely have been a statutory rape under US federal law, as if she was flown out of the country, or even just walked across a state line it no longer remains an issue for state law, but has become a federal one.

[edit2]
And I'm just realising I've picked up far more information on this than I thought from reading and watching various true crime/history of crime type blogs and documentaries, especially the ones where it's about someone who ended up being prosecuted due to some federal law that they didn't know about (iirc most frauds in the US are likely to be technically federal offices, because the moment you use a phone, internet etc to do it and that passes a state line even just to a data centre it's technically interstate).

*What Epstein was alleged to have done, and what IIRC Maxwell was convicted of was trafficking involving minors.

**Most of the western world has laws that mean regardless of where you do it, if you as a citizen of say the UK or US go to another country to have sex with a minor you're able to be prosecuted in your home country (specifically to stop sex tourism involving children).

Last edited:
What's Florida got to do with it? I thought it was just 3 locations.

There were at least three alleged incidents.

Wikipedia said:
In a December 2014 Florida court filing, intended for inclusion in the 2008 Crime Victims' Rights Act lawsuit, Giuffre described being trafficked to Prince Andrew, Duke of York, at least three times when she was 17 in 2001 for rape.[56][57] She claims that Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell took her to Tramp nightclub in London, where she met and danced with Andrew[56] and that later that night, while en route to Maxwell's Belgravia residence, Maxwell instructed Giuffre to "do for (Prince Andrew) what you do for Epstein".[58] She alleged Epstein paid her $15,000 after she had sex with the Duke in London.[59]
[...]
The second sexual encounter allegedly happened in Epstein's New York mansion.[63] In court documents, Giuffre claimed that the third encounter with Prince Andrew was an orgy on Little Saint James that involved her, several underage girls from Eastern Europe, the Prince, and Jeffrey Epstein himself.
[...]
In the same month, Carolyn Andriano, who as a 14-year-old was introduced by Giuffre to Ghislaine Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein and was a prosecution witness in the trial of Maxwell, claimed in an interview that then 17-year-old Giuffre told her in 2001 that she had slept with Prince Andrew. Andriano stated, "And she [Giuffre] said, 'I got to sleep with him'. She didn't seem upset about it. She thought it was pretty cool."

At the time she allegedly wasn't phased by it and also allegedly recruited others for Epstein, whether it broke local age of consent laws isn't quite clear, it didn't for at least two of the alleged incidents; she was 17 when the claimed London encounter happened and NYC age of consent 17 so that's not breaking it either, not clear if she was 17 or 18 at the time of the alleged US Virgin Islands encounter though and the age of consent is apparently 18 there so, in theory, Andrew may have broken the law there if there were sufficient evidence to prosecute (which perhaps doesn't seem to be the case unless some of the claimed E.European girls come forwards too).

Added to that though is the allegation that she was trafficked, technically that's Epstein's crime rather than Andrew's but still... civil cases have different standards of proof and I guess they'd want to avoid Andrew going to court.

I don't think Andrew is a pedo, Epstein clearly is, Andrew is more likely just an idiot who was into shagging lots of younger women and Epstein knew this (there were, for example, alleged incidents from a former Royal bodyguard of young women frequently coming to the gates of Buckingham palace at night as Andrew's guests etc.)

Last edited:
Oh dear - Palm Beach PD were the investigating force as the initial complaint was made by a Palm Beach resident. The Federal case (by the FBI) in 2019, used federal law, which the age of consent nationally is 18.
Ah fair. Still not a nonce then. Unless I become a nonce when I go to Florida because I once shagged a 16 year old?

Ah fair. Still not a nonce then. Unless I become a nonce when I go to Florida because I once shagged a 16 year old?

Age of consent for a Palm Beach resident is 18, and nationally in the USA is 18 (other states have different laws, but Federal AoC is 18).

So yes, a nonce under Federal Law. Why are you trying to say he isnt under Federal Law?

Oh dear - Palm Beach PD were the investigating force as the initial complaint was made by a Palm Beach resident. The Federal case (by the FBI) in 2019, used federal law, which the age of consent nationally is 18.

I think that relates to Epstein rather than Andrew, Federal Law applies to crossing state lines so for Epstein if he's moved girls between states for sex etc.. then he's potentially breaking Federal Law.

For Andrew staying at Epstein's house and allegedly having sex with a 17 or 18 year old it's NYC's age of consent law that applies and that's 17.

I think that relates to Epstein rather than Andrew, Federal Law applies to crossing state lines so for Epstein if he's moved girls between states for sex etc.. then he's potentially breaking Federal Law.

For Andrew staying at Epstein's house and allegedly having sex with a 17 or 18 year old it's NYC's age of consent law that applies and that's 17.

It depends on the where he stayed, as multiple locations have been mentioned; either way - mummy bailed him out.

Age of consent for a Palm Beach resident is 18, and nationally in the USA is 18 (other states have different laws, but Federal AoC is 18).

So yes, a nonce under Federal Law. Why are you trying to say he isnt under Federal Law?
Just feels a bit odd to call him a nonce when he shagged a consenting girl that would be perfectly legal in the UK. I guess "legal nonce" doesn't have the same ring to it. Like, morally we have decided a 16 is mature enough to make their own mind up.

Its like everyone in the US calling us nonces for having sex at 16. Just seems a bit odd, is all.

When I was 16. Not as an adult no, and I think anyone who suggests they would like to do so is a danger. I won’t work with anyone under 22.

I assume you are not 16?

Your concern is misdirected at me then - you've drawn your own moral line.

Is divide by 2 and add 7 still the morally accepted guideline? lol.

It depends on the where he stayed, as multiple locations have been mentioned; either way - mummy bailed him out.

No, it doesn't depend on where he stayed, it depends on crossing state lines.

I've summarised the three known allegations already here:

Unless you've got another one to add to the mix then the only legal issue I can see is re: the US Virgin Islands and whether she was 17 or 18 at the time of that encouter.

Beyond that, I've not seen any allegations re: Andrew crossing state lines with her for the purpose of sex or similar. He was staying with Epstein in NYC and she allegedly slept with him there but he didn't arrange for her to be there etc.. Epstine is the trafficker there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom