Harry and Meghan to resign

In the quest to find information on the south park episode I ended up down a rabbit hole (How all good stories start :D ) and I found this video.

From memory, I feel like it has been implied in this thread that Katie has had it easy with the press when she joined the Royal family.

It doesn't seem to have been smooth sailing for katie at the beginning.

0 mins Diana
4 mins 19 Katie
6 mins Meghan

I'm really curious about what each of the Royals inherited when both Prince Philip and the Queen died... Andrew isn't being evicted per se but rather the rumour is that it's a cut to his 250k allowance that could force the move as the upkeep of his current home with swimming pool and 98 acres is quite a bit more expensive than Frogmore Cottage's upkeep.

But if that's the reason then he can't have got much from his parents, there seems to have been estimates of say circa 30 million for Prince Phillip but frankly, I'm not sure anyone has any good idea about what his net worth was, more relevant though is the Queen in terms of her personal wealth she apparently had a circa £500 million stock portfolio and that isn't liable for inheritance tax.

I don't see any good reason why that apparent 500 million wasn't split 4 ways among her kids as both the reigning monarch and the Prince of Wales are already, essentially, either centimillionaires or billionaires in the same way that any centimillionaire/billionaire with a trust fund/family business empire they can't sell is; they have independent the annual incomes from the Duchy of Lancaster (600+million estate, annual income £24 million) and Duchy of Cornwall (1 billion estate, £21 million annual income) respectively. (Seperate to the 80 million received from the Crown Estate last year to pay for annual Royal Household running costs/Buckingham Palace refurbishment etc..)

But clearly, if this story is true, Andrew presumably didn't get very much of the Queen's privately held wealth in the will if even a cut to his £250k annual income would leave him struggling with bills in his current place.

I wonder whether in royalty the entire inheritance would go to next in line. But I agree, if he even inherited 10% of his parents estate, he should be able to more than afford the upkeep of this place. So it certainly suggests he didn't get anything.

Ah just thinking, maybe he was roped out of the inheritance when the queen had to pay his accusor? IIRC he didn't have anywhere near the funds to pay what she was asking for.

I wonder whether in royalty the entire inheritance would go to next in line. But I agree, if he even inherited 10% of his parents estate, he should be able to more than afford the upkeep of this place. So it certainly suggests he didn't get anything.

Ah just thinking, maybe he was roped out of the inheritance when the queen had to pay his accusor? IIRC he didn't have anywhere near the funds to pay what she was asking for.

That might be it... perhaps he was due a token amount of a few million but that's been wiped by the settlement (estimated at $14 million) and whatever shenanigans went on with his multi-million ski chalet he allegedly still owed someone money for... I mean even just 10%, like you point out, would be a large sum; 50 million.

If anything (pedo controversy aside) the Queen would have a good argument to say to Charles... "look you've had 70 years of getting an income from a £1 billion estate and now you're due to move onto another similar income from a £600 million estate I think I should perhaps leave a bit more of the £500 million private portfolio to your brothers and sister."

Charles has probably built up a heft private portfolio himself too from all the decades of Duchy of Cornwall income which will have basically been similar amounts to the Queen's Duchy of Lancaster income.

I guess it could be that Randy Andy was cut off because of the scandal or perhaps it's some warped Royal tradition thing that even though Charles has and will be already very well taken care of via trusts that are set up for that purpose he also gets basically all of the former monarch's private funds too save for perhaps some personal items she's bequeathed to others etc..

Queen would have given a cut to (most of) the grandchildren, since most of her children are set.

Well it's 4 kids and 8 grandchildren, take away Charles and William who are super super set for life and that's 10 people to split 500 million with so 50 million each if divided equally.

Andy should be able to afford to not move in that case even after settling the lawsuit etc.

So perhaps either he's been cut off while others have inherited decent amounts, because of his bad behaviour, or Charles has simply got the vast majority of it anyway.

Last edited:
Well it's 4 kids and 8 grandchildren, take away Charles and William who are super super set for life and that's 10 people to split 500 million with so 50 million each if divided equally.

Andy should be able to afford to not move in that case even after settling the lawsuit etc.

So perhaps either he's been cut off while others have inherited decent amounts, because of his bad behaviour, or Charles has simply got the vast majority of it anyway.
It really depends on the running cost for the house as well as security detail and other expenditures. I could see that 50 mill disappearing very quickly, with a large house.

It really depends on the running cost for the house as well as security detail and other expenditures. I could see that 50 mill disappearing very quickly, with a large house.

Nah, that's obviously false, think about the premise this stems from, the claim was that he's possibly going to have to move because of a cut to his £250,000 annual allowance!

If he was able to happily afford the running costs when he had a 250k allowance but cutting that a bit makes them unaffordable then he clearly hasn't just got a 50 million inheritance, even a few million could have been fine.

Last edited:

500m and little of it in cash.

I say the jewellery was shared out among the women, prioritising the closest to the throne, what cash there was, shared out among anyone she cared to give it to.

But the majority of the value being in investments, property, horses etc, I say that went right to Charles. No such thing as the head of the household being too rich in this circumstance. After all, he can distribute it further if he's inclined.

I say the jewellery was shared out among the women, prioritising the closest to the throne, what cash there was, shared out among anyone she cared to give it to.

But the majority of the value being in investments, property, horses etc, I say that went right to Charles. No such thing as the head of the household being too rich in this circumstance. After all, he can distribute it further if he's inclined.

This, because as soon as it leaves the hands of the monarch within a generation it is taxed by IHT. The downfall of many a duke and belted earl.

Yeah, I think you're right about the jewelry etc... but she was still pretty liquid even accounting for say Balmoral/Sandringham, still another centimillionaire's worth of assets, but I did forget the two properties with the back of a fag packet example above.

Essentially there's still X00 million in assets, inc a chunky stock portfolio to be divvied up, kinda makes sense for Charles to get the two houses (though doesn't have to arguably if slimming down the family, they've already got plenty of official properties).

I think it's basically the latter scenario here, despite already being very wealthy the male heir also gets all the privately held loot and the rest get basically nothing:
I guess it could be that Randy Andy was cut off because of the scandal or perhaps it's some warped Royal tradition thing that even though Charles has and will be already very well taken care of via trusts that are set up for that purpose he also gets basically all of the former monarch's private funds too save for perhaps some personal items she's bequeathed to others etc..

I don't think he can distribute it further without incurring IHT penalties, apparently, that exemption just covers Sovereign to Sovereign transfers, it does seem a bit unfair on the others in modern times as obs there are already provisions locked in for the heir.

sound like he's channeling John Wick .
The noble Prince wants to be of service, empower others and encourage people to be vulnerable – preferably while they're being held upside down and having the cash shaken out of their pockets.

The research, conducted by Redfield & Wilton on 19 February, showed that Harry was disliked by 42% of Americans, compared to 32% who said they liked him.

The net approval rating of -10 is a drop of three points from one month ago – and a staggering 48% lower than in December, when his net approval stood at +38.
Meghan is even less popular than her husband, with just 27% of Americans saying they liked her, compared to 44% who said they didn’t – giving her a net approval rating of -17.
This is a drop of four points from one month ago, and of 40 points from the start of December last year, when she had a +23 approval rating.

Last edited:
Iirc Oprah made her fortune with only 8% of US tv viewers. So liking ratings dont have to be superhigh to succeed in the usa.
considering the population of the US (admittedly not everyone would have been watching tv), 8% is a lot of people watching a program. Especially when that program is centred around a single individual.

Last edited:
I'm finding it amusing that Harry is now claiming he came from a broken home - especially when his brother turned out normal. I don't think anyone would deny that their upbringing would have been tough, but I think he's gotta accept some personal responsibility here rather than keep deflecting everything off to his father/brother.

Back
Top Bottom