Harry and Meghan to resign

Soldato
I don't really give a damn about any of the royals. I'm a UK Republican, I do respect the job the Queen did though. I had more time for Harry and William than any of the rest of them. The attacks on this couple have been disgusting to watch. Are they perfect, no they aren't, yes they've made some mistakes, none of us are perfect and certainly none of the remaining royals are either.

I saw this video on Twitter a couple of days ago, hadn't seen it before. I don't blame Harry for wanting out, he's hated the UK press since he was a young man (who can blame him they are scum) no shortage of videos of him slagging them off way before he met her and then the way they attacked his new girlfriend/wife were disgusting.

Soldato
OP
Harry gets relentless stick from the UK "journalists" for his choice of spouse. The same media institution that thought it was adorable when his father, then 29, courted his 16 year old mum to be. Is it any wonder she ended up a psychological basket case?

Meghan and Harry are just about the only 2 members of that family that I could relate to, because I'd be steering well clear too, if I were them.

Soldato
It is just so bizarre what a hateful fixation places like the Daily Mail have on Meghan. Literally have their own tab for Meghan News alongside the King, Queen, PM, and Ukraine War.

P8aN9f.jpg

I just don't understand it.

Soldato
Harry gets relentless stick from the UK "journalists" for his choice of spouse. The same media institution that thought it was adorable when his father, then 29, courted his 16 year old mum to be. Is it any wonder she ended up a psychological basket case?

Meghan and Harry are just about the only 2 members of that family that I could relate to, because I'd be steering well clear too, if I were them.

I think everyone liked Meghan until she decided she was bored of being a Princess after a year or so and wanted to go back to being an American celebrity while cashing in on also being a Royal, oh and throwing in a few baseless accusations of racism without actually being specific enough to allow anyone to actually refute the accusation.

I think Meghan is playing the media as much as you guys like to mention that the Daily Mail is obsessed with her, she seems to be doing a good job of cashing in. Both she and the Daily Mail are making money out of this, she's a multi-millionaire celebrity while playing the victim card, the worst thing is the morons lapping it up.

Soldato
I think everyone liked Meghan until she decided she was bored of being a Princess after a year or so and wanted to go back to being an American celebrity while cashing in on also being a Royal, oh and throwing in a few baseless accusations of racism without actually being specific enough to allow anyone to actually refute the accusation.

I think Meghan is playing the media as much as you guys like to mention that the Daily Mail is obsessed with her, she seems to be doing a good job of cashing in. Both she and the Daily Mail are making money out of this, she's a multi-millionaire celebrity while playing the victim card, the worst thing is the morons lapping it up.
The media hate campaign started on day 1 though?

Soldato
Don't care for either Harry or Meghan in my day-to-day life but I did enjoy seeing how much she managed to rile certain people up. Or rather how much the newspapers managed to rile people up with stories about them.
She didn't exactly get fair treatment from the press over here so I can't blame her for wanting to go elsewhere but my god do they have/did they have an obsession over her.

Soldato

Maybe Meghan could have done some things differently, but your post seems to reverse cause and effect in this situation.

Soldato
Caporegime
She seems to have been a bit naive re: what she was getting into. She wants to be a big celebrity but day-to-day Royal duties like going to some random school, meeting some old folks etc. isn't quite so glamourous.

If you've got XX million in the bank as a couple and your profile/fame has been boosted to a global level then living in a big mansion in California and cashing in with Netflix and Spotify deals could easily be more appealing.

The Oprah interview where she's revealed that she was pretty clueless about various aspects of etiquette etc.. really reflects badly on Harry, why wasn't he able to even brief her on the basics?

Harry isn't too bright unfortunately and Megan is a bit of a social climber, now they've basically thrown the rest of the Royal family under the bus to cash in and Harry has gone from the most popular Royal to a rather polarising figure.

Soldato
It's almost like they get to do it on their own terms now...

Sure, based on the fact they have Royal titles they can leach off those titles in America on their own terms, compared to someone like the Queen who understood that the titles come with an actual job and responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom