Has the recent post count started to kill MM?

I'll be honest, I sell most of my stuff on Facebook marketplace now as it is just more convenient and lower risk.

I tend to get at least as much money and someone comes and collects it rather than me having to find something suitable to post it in and having to deal with couriers/Royal Mail.

Last edited:
I hadn’t used MM for about a decade. Posted a wanted thread for some headphones as I broke my old pair. Had two really good offers of sale within 24 hours and a really smooth buying experience.

The rolling post count would be comfortably filled by some forum members posting solely the takeaway curries that they eat!

I said this from the day it came in, the MM is barely worth it now with this stupid rule.
Which 'stupid rule' are you talking about?

The last time the access requirements to MM were changed was on the 18th January 2012, a little over 14 years ago.

Or are you referring to the automation of a rule which was already in place and enforced manually?

MM access is a privilege, not a right. With that attitude, I'm not sure you're worthy of said privilege.

Seems fine to me

I've made two good purchases in the last couple of weeks, it's working for me too.

The amount of effort going into complaining about the rules would probably be enough to give most people access.

People need to stop whining, it's hardly a big ask for something that's not an automatic right.

I mean OCUK sells tech, they let users sell tech in the MM - they don't need or have to.

So... I am mostly a long time lurker here, I don't post hugely often. But I will get engaged in discussion every now and again and I probably use MM more than any other bit. But I do feel that ever since this rolling post count and MM removal has started it is slowly killing it. Which is really sad :(

What are peoples thoughts?

I'm a long time member too, but haven't had access to MM for months because I don't tend to post in threads that often, especially if my opinion/response has already been posted by someone else, as I don't see the point in repeating the same thing if it's already been posted. I'll tend to just "like" a post that matches what I would have posted instead.

Alas, it's the rules, but I' doubt I'll meet the requirements for access any time soon!

I think it's a good idea. I don't meet the requirements which is a shame sometimes when I really want something and know it would have been on the MM. I do buy a lot from Facebook marketplace but it's very hit and miss. I have never had a bad interaction when buying off the MM. I hope it continues to be a great place to offload kit to enthusiasts and pickup new stuff for myself.

Or are you referring to the automation of a rule which was already in place and enforced manually?

What is teh rule people speak of just so I know?

Ok: "Facebook sucks balls and is full of idiots, chancers, entitled prats and scammers".

Never had a problem and I've bought loads and sold loads, recently had my S23U off there for a steal and my Galaxy Watch6..
Of course I've had the odd fool eg
"I'll have that £150 bike for £50 if you bring it to Glasgow from Stoke" :)
and
"I'll have that free bed settee off you if you give me £50 and bring it to Crewe" :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom