Has the recent post count started to kill MM?

I've never been a prolific poster but the 2FA kinda screwed me over. No phones in the office. Although I have now realised (today) I can get from my phone locker back to my desk quick enough to log in :)
I have bought and sold a few things on the MM but I mostly just looked through the wanted section to see if I had anything that someone was after.

Dave 'lowball' 28
I've wondered that too. Sometimes makes me think that there's some kind of resale profit margin to be concerned about.

I have wondered this too. @Feek do you keep an eye on people who try to buy up lots of components for cheap? Could easily be part of some component flip side hustle.

@dave28 you seem to buy a lot of hardware, especially GPUs, what’s the deal there? Always been curious.

I have three nephews and several friends who have custom PC`s so some of it ends up in their systems for either what i paid or less when I got bored of it or they need something and ask me.

or sell it back to the forum for non profit, like the watercooled 6900 XT liquid Devil, the Dell system, the xbox control, a laptop I gave away for postage cost on here, ram and other parts, the full custom PC that I advertised but did not sell so it went to a Radio DJ who wanted to upgrade their old system.

I also have loads of parts I need to list in the MM for non profit at some point because its just sat in my bedroom not being used.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiE
My activity in it went down due to members buying stuff less than 2mins sometimes less than 60 seconds/before the minute turns with a reply with a sentence saying they'll buy it and people buying up 3 or more GPU's in a month for their sons, mothers, brothers second cousin's best friend. :cry:

Yes that was a bit annoying. It was like they would just have alerts setup and just add a quick reply ASAP to ensure they were first poster to claim the item and then then go and edit it with more detail later. Some maybe even used a bot back in the pandemic gpu shortage days. I've just got to the sort of age/wealth now where I don't bother selling hardware much unless it is worth a lot, it's not like 20 years ago where I'd want/need to sell something to part fund an upgrade etc. I mean say you have an item you paid £200 for, now you can get £50 for it, but you have to pay for postage, hassle of packing it up, posting it, maybe help the buyer with it etc. I sold a mobo/cpu/ram bundle a couple of years back and then literally like six months later they contacted me saying it wouldn't post because they'd only just got round to setting it up (I was happy to help and they got it working, but imagine it hadn't of worked, even though I knew it was fine it would have left me feeling annoying that they might think I'd sold them a dud etc)

Hexus, The place I went to after MadOnion
IIRC "Hexus" used to be on the banned words list here, would get auto-starred out or something.

Reactions: G J
I have three nephews and several friends who have custom PC`s so some of it ends up in their systems for either what i paid or less when I got bored of it or they need something and ask me.

or sell it back to the forum for non profit, like the watercooled 6900 XT liquid Devil, the Dell system, the xbox control, a laptop I gave away for postage cost on here, ram and other parts, the full custom PC that I advertised but did not sell so it went to a Radio DJ who wanted to upgrade their old system.

I also have loads of parts I need to list in the MM for non profit at some point because its just sat in my bedroom not being used.

This is exactly the response I'd expect from a shady dealer.

sip-do-i-care.gif

i find the MM can be hit and miss, its either a bargin or somebody wants more than you can get it from ebay / facebook. but i also noticed several of the same names in the past non stop buying silly amounts of hardware and often did think they must be selling on for profit. but been monitored / regulated helps reduce scammers for sure, imagen buying a gpu for £700 to only find it never arrived and the member sold that same card on 5 other forums.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom