Hayfever - Thread

Associate
Ask a doctor for a prescription for fexofenadine hydrochloride, it is a 3rd generation anti histamine and it stops all my hayfever symptoms, which are usually so bad I get nose bleeds from sneezing so much :(

Caporegime
I've tried Fexofenadine before but found it wore off quite quickly. I was on it through my GCSEs but found afternoon exams a struggle. It works about the same as Cetirizine for me but is a lot more expensive and means going to a Dr so I stick with Cetirizine.

There was an injection I think, but I'm not sure is still available?

Soldato
Is this something which you should really go to the doctors for?

I ask because I seem to have a cold all year round. It becomes more noticeable when the sun is out and it starts warming up.

I did once go to the doctors years ago about having a bad cold, it was summer at the time and my eyes would always be watering and my nose streaming. I explained what it was like to the doctor who said it could be hayfever, he gave me something to take (don't remember what) but eventually I stopped taking it as I didn't feel it was needed and that I wasn't sure I had hayfever. This was due to not having any tests done at the doctors to confirm it.

But now I can't seem to get rid of a cold, I can be fine some days and then some days my nose will be runny. It isn't that I'm always sneezing although sometimes it does go like that, currently my nose just runs.

Does it sound like I could actually have hayfever? I'm heading to Sainsbury's later, so might see if they have anything.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In your case, yes go see your gp. heyfever isn't usually year round,

Had to go to Wales today ewwwww. And it was horrible over there, eyes streaming.

Associate
Noticed it for the first time yesterday, but it was easily tolerable. Managed to spend a whole day outside in the glorious sunshine with only one or two sniffs.

But I know it's coming! :mad:

Soldato
Started taking my yearly supply of piriton last week (chloramphenamine maleate) works a treat at keeping my nose itch free. My only complaint is they tend to make you a bit sleepy/drowsy.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Question for fellow hayfever sufferers

Has anyone tried an Air Purifier and did it actually work ?

My hayfever is back with a vengeance and was considering it, the websites claim many good things for allergy/hayfever sufferers and rainforest reviews sound positive but spending £75-150 would hate to waste that cash !

Soldato
I HATE HAYFEVER

At least other stuff is avoidable or cureable! Hay fever is "so you like breathing? Let's take the fun out of it"

Associate
Question for fellow hayfever sufferers

Has anyone tried an Air Purifier and did it actually work ?

My hayfever is back with a vengeance and was considering it, the websites claim many good things for allergy/hayfever sufferers and rainforest reviews sound positive but spending £75-150 would hate to waste that cash !

i got an airfree purifier last year, it worked well last year (unless i just had a good year for hayfever) but it's hardly touched it this year (well this last week it all kicked off for me, tuesday being the worst day)

Last edited:
Soldato
2 years on the trot i have asked my GP for a higher dose of hayfever tablets and he always refuses no matter how crap they are.

As above i get nosebleeds from sneezing so much, haven't asked about an Injection yet but will do once it starts again.

Associate
if you get nosebleeds try not using the nasal sprays, when i quit the sprays i stopped getting several nosebleeds a day

but a good nosebleed makes me feel loads better lol it seems to clear the symptoms up for at least 20 minutes after

Back
Top Bottom