Hazro 24" S-IPS, micro review + chat

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Awesome :D

I will be buying one of these:

• Benefits
  • * Easily position your widescreen LCD for maximum ergonomic comfort—promotes wellness in any environment
  • * Upgrade mid-size monitors or TVs with improved adjustability
  • * Rotate screen for portrait viewing of photos and pages—eliminate scrolling
  • * Fully weight-adjustable desk stand accommodates most mid-size displays
  • * Easy to use—simple installation and effortless operation
  • * Embedded with patented motion technology, this stand enables light-touch adjustments without any knobs or levers
  • * Integrated base rollers enable 360° pan rotation of the stand so you can share your view with others
  • * Five-inch (12.7 cm) height adjustment ergonomically accommodates average range of users

Specifications
  • * LCD Size : 20"–32"
  • * Wt. Capacity : 7.3–16.3 kg
  • * Lift : 12.7 cm
  • * Tilt : 30°
  • * Pan : 360°
  • * Rotation : 360° P/L

Although I'm equally tempted by the arm as both are near enough the same price (£75)

Edit*

OMG - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfxNNczlnI

I am spoilt for choice now lol.

Edit2:

Looks like the arms are useful for us 24" users!" max weight 9.1KG and the Hazro is 10.1 so the one I linked to above is the one to go for with 16KG weight limit or a 32" screen size max!

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a total DPMS failure last night on XP-SP3, turned off the pc and the monitor couldn't shut down...not even with the power switch, had to reboot the pc to turn off the monitor.

Soldato
I had a total DPMS failure last night on XP-SP3, turned off the pc and the monitor couldn't shut down...not even with the power switch, had to reboot the pc to turn off the monitor.

That's happened a few times to me, I've found that if you keep pressing the power button for around a second at a time it will eventually (after 4-5 goes) turn off. The problem is that it's getting confused when the DPMS signal is sent and I think it's sending it into an infinite (or nearly) loop - keypresses may not be registered properly when this happens.

Associate

You have to hold your finger on the power button/sensor on the monitor, as it dont turn off straight away when it goes into flicker mode.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
aye that should sort it :)

can anyone weigh their monitor (24") without the stand? I have been told the ergotron lx arm will be fine as long as it is 9.1G without the stand (that goes for any size I was told)

got a nice call from ergotron yesterday about it :D but I don't have a weighing machine at home or anywhere to weigh mine :/

Associate
Just found a construction quality problem (I think) :( I'm not sure if it's normal, but it doesn't seem right to me.

I was just cleaning the screen. The actual panel itself that is. When I was cleaning it I was looking down on the panel. I cleaned it from the top downwards. As I got towards the bottom of the panel, the glass / plastic started to actually bend inwards quite noticeably! I was not putting any real pressure on it at all. I'm very careful around any TFT monitor, let alone one that just set me back £450.

Upon further inspection it seems that the right hand side also bends inwards, but not anywhere near as much. The left hand side even less, and the top doesn't seem to budge at all. I did immediately notice a small black bar at the top of the screen when I got it, but didn't think much of it. Perhaps it is related to this.

To try and be even more clear, if you look at the screen from the top at an extreme angle, you should see some plain metal edging of the panel itself behind the black Aluminium. The plastic part of the screen moves well away from this metal edging with light pressure applied!

Does anyone else have this tiny black bar at the top / flimsy panel? If not I may see about getting it exchanged. I'm not particularly impressed with that!

Associate
I can probably get a picture of the small black bar at the top. I have tried to take a picture of the plastic part bending away, but it doesn't really show. It's *very* noticeable in reality though.

*goes to picture*

You can't really see. But if you were to push lightly down the bottom of the screen, if it doesn't move the panel at all....... then there seems to be something wrong with mine! Mine moves lots :( and not just pushing right at the bottom where my thumb is. Anywhere on the lower half of the screen and it moves!

sta70350qn0.jpg

sta70352om4.jpg

Associate
OK, I managed to get two pictures which just about show it. Of course in a static picture it's still pretty hard to get an idea of what's going on, but... you should be able to see that the panel is moving away from the metal bit. Just. Very small difference in the pictures if you can spot it :)

nobendog7.jpg

slightbendzl6.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Hmm mine is defo not like that at all! the black bar looks like a scaling issue to me though - have you tried flicking through the AR modes ? quite a unique issue nonetheless! contact Hazro and they should sort you out
:p

Associate
Regarding the black bar... yep, tried that when I first got it. It's definitely not a scaling issue! With an analog connection, which allows you to manually move the picture, that black bar is where the picture ends. As in, if I move the picture up slightly to compensate, it starts to chop off the title bars of windows!

Have now contacted Hazro. I'll probably keep this one until the new revision is released to save both of us more hassle replacing it again in a months time to sort the DPMS issue. Well, if they will replace it because of this other unique issue I have. I hope they will. I'll also have to hope I get another one with no dead pixels. I am *incredibly* unlucky really, so I expect that will be the case lol.

edit; I was also experiencing some pretty bad backlight bleeding last night playing Crysis. Don't know where that came from. It looked ugly though. Today (and all other days except yesterday) it seems fine. Weird.

Last edited:
Associate
Well the good news is that I think the excessive purpleness and backlight bleed I see is due to the faulty panel. I only seem to notice the purpleness and backlight bleed at the bottom, where the screen is buggered. I hope that's the case anyway. It gets worse when I lightly press on the bottom, so the panel bends as I previously described.

The bad news.... Hazro still have not replied after 3 days now, and I am starting to get a bit impatient. I can't find a contact phone number either. Hrm. I'm tempted to get a replacement now too. It's annoying having a visibly faulty monitor :( Maybe if OCUK get them back in stock they can send me a new one out.

Two faulty monitors in a row, faulty hard disk, still not convinced my new CPU / RAM / motherboard is working quite right either *sigh* My luck needs to change. Soon.

Associate
Back to the Abacus for you Kendo!

Haha mrk :D, its not so bad - I still have my trusty old 19" CRT ;).

To be fair, Hazro have been very good about it all, I've had a few phone calls from them to help sort it out - its just a pity that their response isn't always quick. I believe they are in the process of up-dating their website, so communication should be better!

I'm trying to look at the bigger picture with the benefits of the revised model and its a pity about the timing with the release date - hopefully it'll be worth it in the end. As you've mentioned before, taking in account of the specs of the revised model there really isn't anything to match it :).

Soldato
The 1st one had a cluster of dead pixels, just off centre of the screen, which was very noticable.

The 2nd had dead pixels and markings/indentatons on the screen itself.

As you can tell i've not had much luck, hopefully the revised model i receive is ok!

huh so they confirmed your getting the revised model? ie the fixed/updated model with hdmi and all?

whens it due out to you ?

Back
Top Bottom