Hazro HZ30W - Strengths and weaknesses

Soldato
OP
so i take it, if something goes wrong with it thay can`t fix, i`ll probably have to give them more money to get the new upgraded release? because if is the case, then i think i`ll just wait till the new panel version is relesed.

As I understand it, if the product dies under warranty then they are obliged to either repair the item, or replace it with another of equal or better specification. So, if you sent it back and the 3007-screen versions were no longer available, you would get a 3008-screen version as a replacement.

What graphics card do you use with your 30"?

I'm using a 4870x2.

Looking at benchmarks, the framerates on the current single GPU solutions drop off fairly heavily at 2560, whereas the x2 (and particularly nvidia's upcoming card the GTX295) seem to hold their performance fairly well. Gaming at 2560 is pretty awesome though :D Also I sit fairly close to the screen, so in FPS games I kind of get that imax effect :)

Permabanned
I'm using a 4870x2.

Looking at benchmarks, the framerates on the current single GPU solutions drop off fairly heavily at 2560, whereas the x2 (and particularly nvidia's upcoming card the GTX295) seem to hold their performance fairly well. Gaming at 2560 is pretty awesome though :D Also I sit fairly close to the screen, so in FPS games I kind of get that imax effect :)

Looks like im due a gfx card upgrade, although I will see how I get along with 1920x1200 gaming first! ;)

Associate
yes, it says so in the description:

- All aluminium finished casing
- Viewable Area: 30” Widescreen (2560x1600 Resolution)
- Interface: DVI (Digital DVI (Dual Link) - HDCP support)
- Response Time: 5ms (8ms Black to Black)
- Hard coating(3H), Anti-glare treatment of the front polariser
- 16.7M Colours (102% Colour Gamut)
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 178°/ 178°
- Brightness: 370cd/m2
- Same panel as found in the DELL 3008WFP
- 3 Years On-Site Swap-Out with Hazro (2nd & 3rd year RTB) - Contact Hazro at [email protected]

Permabanned

- 3 Years On-Site Swap-Out with Hazro (2nd & 3rd year RTB) - Contact Hazro at [email protected]

I wonder if this is going to be worth the extra £££ over the slightly older model?

Probably not much in it tbh.

Associate

ahem, i knew that :eek:

Associate
Q5/3008 has high gammut compared to Q3/3007 panel.

also Q5/3008 panel have had a lot of bad Press lately due to failue rates, bad pixels in clusters, and other weird and wonderful faults...they must have really gone overboard on there production/manufacturing line equipment...maybe they had cutbacks::confused:

i hear from several other forums that the dell 3008 even tho looks nice but plays bad due to high lag are returned to dell frequently due to panel problems unlike the 3007 which had way lower returns.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Q5/3008 has high gammut compared to Q3/3007 panel.

also Q5/3008 panel have had a lot of bad Press lately due to failue rates, bad pixels in clusters, and other weird and wonderful faults...they must have really gone overboard on there production/manufacturing line equipment...maybe they had cutbacks::confused:

i hear from several other forums that the dell 3008 even tho looks nice but plays bad due to high lag are returned to dell frequently due to panel problems unlike the 3007 which had way lower returns.

Makes me feel better now I have bought the Q3/3007 panel! :D

Associate
allthough i make the exception with the 30" Nec as that supposed to be the dogs dangly bits and is a very good screen with a price to match...
i think nec had a very rigerous QC with these panels maybe cherry-picked?
tho im not sure as to whether it uses a Q5 panel as its over a year old.... so if it is a Q3 panel like the hazro it just show the quality :D

Associate
allthough i make the exception with the 30" Nec as that supposed to be the dogs dangly bits and is a very good screen with a price to match...
i think nec had a very rigerous QC with these panels maybe cherry-picked?
tho im not sure as to whether it uses a Q5 panel as its over a year old.... so if it is a Q3 panel like the hazro it just show the quality :D

Yep, its how a company deals with the panel that matters. I think NEC updated their model with the more recent panel, if they began with the Q3.

A quick search reveals this:
NEC LCD3090WQXi > 30"WS LG.Display A-TW H-IPS (LM300WQ5)
same panel as Dell 3008.

Soldato
I doubt very much anyone has with the 30" as it only has a DVI port.

Professional pc monitor you see! ;)

Although I was thinking is there a way you can link up a xbox etc using a tv card as that might give you the input perhaps?

You can probably bung the PS3 in by using a DVI<->HDMI cable (same protocol, different plug is all) but the lack of a scaler will make things a bit difficult.

Associate
I`m hoping that someone will have review up for the new Hazro HZ30W with the DELL 3008WFP panel very soon, comparing it against the old one on input lag, the quality of the screen colors and other things that made the old one popular.

I`m hoping that the new one is just as good when it comes down to input lag when gaming and has great picture quality like the old one.

Associate
I`m hoping that someone will have review up for the new Hazro HZ30W with the DELL 3008WFP panel very soon, comparing it against the old one on input lag, the quality of the screen colors and other things that made the old one popular.

I`m hoping that the new one is just as good when it comes down to input lag when gaming and has great picture quality like the old one.

If the input lag on the Hazro is better than 2008wfp, then it surely wins where it lacks inputs.

Associate
If the input lag on the Hazro is better than 2008wfp, then it surely wins where it lacks inputs.

I never said anything about 2008wfp. As the new Hazro HZ30W will be using the same panel as 3008WFP, i`m hoping the new HZ30W will be just as good as there older one which uses the 3007WFP panel.

Back
Top Bottom