Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
I've had periods of stability after verifying files but not sure if that is just coincidence or whether it is actually fixing something. It usually causes 1-2 Game Guard files to be reset, then Game Guard changes them again at next start up of the game, but then they seem to be modified again some time later usually just before I crash but not sure if that is a symptom of the problem or just Game Guard logging something related to the crash condition before it is manifest in the client or what.

Man of Honour
Patch out today which supposedly fixes some of the crashing... supposedly. Though doesn't seem to be the main scenarios I've seen crashes in.

Man of Honour
Don't know if true as I've not tested it myself but people are saying your character movement speed is affected by frame rate, and if you cap at 60 or have lower than 60 FPS your movement speed can be significantly impacted to the point your sprint speed might be almost as low as someone else's walking speed if they have high frame rates and why the game can become unstable at very high frame rates.

Associate
Don't know if true as I've not tested it myself but people are saying your character movement speed is affected by frame rate, and if you cap at 60 or have lower than 60 FPS your movement speed can be significantly impacted to the point your sprint speed might be almost as low as someone else's walking speed if they have high frame rates and why the game can become unstable at very high frame rates.

That could well be true. I am playing with a 980 still and if more than a few things are going on, it will definitely slow down quite a lot.

I was playing earlier, had full stamina and was running away from 4+ bot drops and easily 40-50 bots of various types. It felt like I was running as if I had no stamina and could not keep up.

Man of Honour
Just doing some basic testing running from one side of the landing area in the training area to the other and timing it, hard to be completely precise but there seems to be a difference but small - a little under 8% slower to cover the distance at capped 30 FPS than uncapped ~200FPS. That was just averaging 3 runs with each from approx the same start and end point so might be off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another patch released today

Good day!
Hot Fix for a crash introduced in yesterdays rollout!
Carry on liberating soldiers.

Fixes
  • Fix for a common crash which occurred when accessing the Acquisitions menu

Known Issues (Unchanged from patch 1.000.200)

These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.

• Game might crash when picking up a snowball or throwing back a grenade
  • Various issues involving friend invites and cross-play:
  • Cross-platform friend invites might not show up in the Friend Requests tab.
  • Players cannot unfriend other players befriended via friend code.
  • Players cannot unblock players that were not in their Friends list beforehand.
  • Players cannot befriend players with Steam names shorter than 3 characters.
  • Explosive weapon stats include only direct hit damage but not explosive damage.
  • Explosions do not break your limbs (except for when you fly into a rock).
  • Planet liberation reaches 100% at the end of every Defend mission.
  • Drowning in deep water with a Vitality Booster equipped puts Helldiver in a broken state.
  • Stratagem beam might attach itself to an enemy but it will deploy to its original location.
  • Some player customizations (like title or body type) may reset after restarting the game.

Soldato
This is still really bad.

Did a verify - found a few corrupt files, (I suspect they're being corrupted by the crash)

New patch - lets give it another go.

Got into the extraction shuttle, CTD 2 seconds after takeoff..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not sure with these Game Guard files which are being detected as corrupt by Steam if it is actually corrupt or Game Guard updating their files a little out of sync with Steam - though I see something of a pattern of certain Game Guard files being modified shortly before certain crashes - but unable to be sure if that is causing the crash, pure coincidence or Game Guard reacting to some kind of error state shortly before the client falls over.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Rroff, can you confirm, have the game guard files been edited at all around the time of crashing?

Sometimes some of the .des files are modified like nplsm.des within seconds before the game just exiting to desktop but not sure if that is actually the cause, after that happens the game tends to crash a lot until I either remove the Game Guard files and force it to update and/or verify files with Steam though after which it is usually stable for awhile.

Soldato
Odd one yesterday, out of the blue a friend couldn't join or be joined by any of us. He seemed isolated........ after all manner of tinkering, eventually discovered the fix was to disable ipv6 in windows. o_O

Man of Honour
I'm getting a bit bored of the game, partly the crashes/issues make always have me slightly on edge for a better way to put it while playing but also it is difficult to really play the game properly with randoms, most just want to rush the main objective, and most of my friends aren't around when I've time to play. And the main fun of the game isn't from soloing it.

Man of Honour
Heh didn't think I'd make it out on this one:

First extraction shuttle bugged out and sunk into the ground :( and then the landing zone was totally ****** - was far worse - when I ran off was wall to wall with bugs in there.

Back
Top Bottom