• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help Needed: Skynet CPU challenge

170K behind now :(

got another 4 core running so thats 12 now :)

Does it mak a lot of difference if overclocked or not...guessing it will :)

8 running at 4.6GHz (2600K) and 4 running at 4.5GHz (3570K) :)

Good excuse to get the 2nd rig stability tested as its just wrong running it at stock :)

Last edited:
all you guys who have just joined should stick around even once this challenge has finished, ocuk folding team works with both cpu & gpus so if you have a gpu which you all seem to have decent gpus, would be pretty good :cool:

as a lot of people have switched over to the skynet challenge we are down on power but everybody has kept there GPUs folding.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=10

might do...but the gpus are getting on a bit now but still fine for what i play...tho a pair of 970s is sooo tempting i will resist till i actually need the uprade.

Wife will appreciate the extra heating from them though :)

Will look at doing this tomorrow as my PC will be virtually unused for at least the next fortnight ... Might even chuck my little server at it .

Can this then be used as a benchmark or am I interpreting it wrong ? I don't mind contributing the resources , information for me is just cream .

AMD 5150 & i7 5820k to chuck in , can this be done using an IPAD ? ,

nicky yup you've now joined :)

masteroc - I guess you could use it like other programs to stress test? as it will use as many cpu cores you allow it to

Last edited:
cheers ozaudio pleased i am able to help i am chucking full cpu and full gpu when system is idle mate currently running it off my dads net with 152Mb/s down and 12MB/s upload hope this helps

My dad has just asked me to add his computer am i able to have 2 computers running simultaneously together if so how would i do it

Last edited:
nicky yup you've now joined :)

masteroc - I guess you could use it like other programs to stress test? as it will use as many cpu cores you allow it to

Good enough for me guess I could use it for a long term stability test

5820k Added. Make sure im in but seems to be running tasks ''master''

EDIT : on sky net page it says ive joined etc , can see me , but says im contributing 0.0gflops ? that's not right .. I take it , it isn't realtime ? :/

Last edited:
Ahh must take a little while to update ... It's bin going for about 2 - 3 hours now . So I take it in theory the faster each core the faster the calculations ( I know that sounds obvious ) but would running a higher frequency turn out quicker than stock or does it not matter ? As I'm looking at the graph and could actually make a meaningful set of results over different CPUs etc providing I do each for long enough ... Hmmm this is all very intresting , more so the actual science behind it lol

cpu speed but also how many cores you have as each core gets its own work unit , so you for example a 6 core cpu but it shows as 12 processors so youll get 12 work units, if you can over clock your cpu , give it a go if like your cpu is 3.3 stock I think? you should manage 4.0 fairly easy?

how many hours per day are you able to let the program run?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom