Help with adding water to my 650D

If you've got the case then find the distance between the roof and the nearest point on your motherboard (a point that might obstruct it) and use a ruler to measure that distance. Then you can work out what size radiator/fans you can use.

Fans are 25mm thick unless you get the fatter 38mm ones, and the radiator sizes are usually stated on their product pages.

67mm are the thick rads like the Thermochill, XSPC RX and other fat ones I don't know of :P

I have been, I wondered if I could get away with a 55mm 280 one with fans without it interfering with a mobo

Rather than play safe with a 30ishmm think one?

Of course i have measured but it's hard to tell exactly where it will sit.
Someone who has done it already will know

You post on here for help - telling me to measure is not help, why bother posting that any way

Of course i have measured but it's hard to tell exactly where it will sit.
Someone who has done it already will know

You post on here for help - telling me to measure is not help, why bother posting that any way

I'm trying to point out the obvious! You can't expect people to spoon feed you everything!

Have you got the mobo yet?
Just put the mobo in, measure it quickly and then subtract 35mm and that's the rad thickness you can have.

Took me all of 2 secs to measure from the top to our motherboard ;)

7.5cm's (that leaves about 1-2mm leway) - not from the roof of the 650D but from the actual vents on top as they dip down about 5mm from the rest of the roof ;)

Soooo - 25mm + 30mm = 55mm - leaves about 2cm's spare between motherboard and fans/rad (25mm for fans, 30mm for Rad)

I've just taken the plunge and ordered this lot:

1 x 280mm Koolance HF radiator (30mm depth)
XSPC Raystorm CPU waterblock
3.3 metre 3/8"ID 1/2"OD tubing - About £120

2 x Akasa Viper 140mm
1 x Coolermaster 200mm blue - About £35

Already got a Liang DDC + XSPC Bay Res + Fittings.

Thats £150 - which ain't too bad taking into account I should be able to rake back half by selling my H100 ;)

Only problem I can forsee is where the ATX power plugs in on the motherboard getting in the way - its probably gunna be a tight squeeze but should fit /fingers crossed

Last edited:

2 x Akasa Viper 140mm

Thats £150 - which ain't too bad taking into account I should be able to rake back half by selling my H100 ;)

Only problem I can forsee is where the ATX power plugs in on the motherboard getting in the way - its probably gunna be a tight squeeze but should fit /fingers crossed

I got a extension cable for my mobo, it's plugged in and routes to behind the motherboard tray where my PSU connects to it. Saves me having to move my rad when I want to unplug my ATX cable, might be worth it for you too.

2 x Akasa Viper 140mm

Already got a Liang DDC + XSPC Bay Res + Fittings.

Hey Zoomee

Thought you had given up on water and gone back to air cooling - or am I confusing you with someone else on here? Anyway - funny you should be doing this with the Koolance 280 rad as I was thinking of doing exactly the same and ditching my 240, but I can't help thinking that it will only make 1 to 2 degrees difference - what do you reckon?

Let me know how you get on with this - may use you as a guinea pig, before I take the same leap - anybody else got any input on diff between 240 and 280 as far as temps go?????

Mark

Back
Top Bottom