** HERE COME ASUS WITH THEIR 4K 28" OFFERING!! **

Associate
Moreover, the GPU requirements for gaming at 4K are a little bit insane right now, given that multiple top-end cards are required to just get to acceptable FPS. This is just a way to make your investment in GPUs rapidly obsolete, if you intend on gaming. Solution? Waiting game - for more GPU horsepower down the line. For those of us on lower resolutions hopefully this is a boon as it will mean that the mid-range offerings will be more than enough.

Until there is a single GPU option that will run your games at 4K / 60 Fps for around the £500 it would be best to wait it out.

Associate
You will need to reassess the screen estate idea. To be honest my screen estate did not significantly increase due to the fact you HAVE to run Windows at 150% magnification to see anything.

Either way, it's going to be better than what I have now (2x 22" 1680x1050) and this monitor is broken so I need a replacement. If I need more real estate I'll keep my additional 22" for a while and probably get a second 4k when they're around £300 in a year or two and I can get a GPU with 2 displayport outputs (it cant be that unreasonable!)

Last edited:
Associate
You do have more real estate if you're buying a bigger screen - I'm currently rocking a 24" 1920x1200 and the real estate is from the extra diagonal 4" even though you have to run it at 164% scale - the key is the higher pixel density.

Be nice to get an update from OC regarding why these monitors haven't shipped yet.

Last edited:
Associate
was told as soon as they have an ETA the website will be updated

If I was these guys I'd be screaming at the shipping company - they must be losing business being the last to get delivery. I watched the stock of an Amazon marketplace seller flogging them at 750 quid going down extremely rapidly yesterday so..

Actually my boss was telling me last night to just cancel the order and get it from somewhere else, it's basically only years of decent service holding it together at the moment.

Associate
Mine is showing as "In our warehouse queue", but I was probably towards the end of the queue as I ordered mine a few days ago. *F5* *F5**F5**F5**F5**F5**F5*

Edit: Dispatched!! Do they deliver on saturdays unless you ask specifically for a saturday delivery?

Last edited:
Associate
hi, do you have similar problem with monitor after power up pc screen stays black?

I got mine on Saturday. It didn't want to show a picture at all initially, but I'm fairly sure that's because I'd swapped my AMD cards over to Nvidia ones and forgotten to uninstall the drivers beforehand. After correcting my blunder it's since worked fine! Perhaps it's a similar problem for you?

Associate
Hi no I always have NVidia GPU my second monitor with same issue could be firmware issue, random happen didn't want show picture at all even if I turn monitor off and on cant see asus logo just white blink and going black again, need keep monitor off little longer then it come back to life again: how it looks like http://youtu.be/zSFluBhW5RA

Last edited:
Associate
Hi no I always have NVidia GPU my second monitor with same issue could be firmware issue, random happen didn't want show picture at all even if I turn monitor off and on cant see asus logo just white blink and going black again, need keep monitor off little longer then it come back to life again: how it looks like http://youtu.be/zSFluBhW5RA

I think you and I are having the same problem, does your screen only black screen when set to display port 1.2? Mine is perfectly normal when set to dp 1.1 apart from being stuck a 30 Hz of course.

I suspect it might be driver issue and am trying to troubleshoot it atm.

Associate
Don't have a clue with whats going on with this anymore.

Nvidia control panel controls 2 monitors but windows detect 3. It is somehow duplicating the asus and says it available but isn't connect or something.

LBejreq

Associate
I didn't test with 1.1 but 1.2 cause issue what king GPU you have? I hate when asus claims like that: JJ from ASUS We have tested “s” states without issues internally can you. You may want to update your drivers including your chipset and graphics driver. Additionally if you have your system overclock it can affect “s” states.

Associate
Running mine on 1.2 @30Hz the issue isn't 1.2 in and of itself - at 60hz it looks like there's serious signal issues somewhere in the chain. My assumption is the cable shipped with is junk (sure looks it) though at 10:30pm it's kinda hard to get a replacement :p

That being said even uncalibrated it looks pretty nice even in Win 7 - the scaling issues aren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be. Firefox seems to handle font scaling pretty well too.

Back
Top Bottom