Hiphop fans in here?

I can't see Hip-Hop having an "OMG that was amazing" reputation in the future. The songs get boring after a while, and most modern artists are just stealing old tunes and ruining them with awful lyrics. The genre, like classic rock, should have died a long time ago whilst it was still awesome.

ElRazur said:
Anyone heard the new Ice cube's album - Laugh now cry later. In my opinion Ice is back and unstopable. I absolutely love every track, the production is slick, the lyrics are venemous, political, social and hard-hitting. He also replied all those critic who said "he has gone hollywood".......If you are know what's good, i would recommend you bootleg this album (ok that was a joke, go buy the proper cd please) :cool:

Will have a listen to this one, take it this is the album with "Why We Thugs" on, thats a great song.

I thought I'd post in here instead of opening a new thread, I'm looking to buy a Snoop Dogg album but haven't got a clue where to start as there seem to be so many, can anyone recommend me one?

Thanks.

Visionary said:
I thought I'd post in here instead of opening a new thread, I'm looking to buy a Snoop Dogg album but haven't got a clue where to start as there seem to be so many, can anyone recommend me one?

Thanks.

Could go with the safe option and go for his Greatest Hits. His latest one "Rhythm & Gangsta" is pretty good, i liked it and im not much of a snoop dogg fan. I think people were saying his best was "Doggystyle", but don't take my word on that one.

EDIT: I think it is because it has "Gin & Juice" and "What's My Name" on it. so Doggystyle is a great album. :)

Last edited:
friddela said:
Will have a listen to this one, take it this is the album with "Why We Thugs" on, thats a great song.

Yeah that's the one.

OK, another album (not sure if is an album or mixtape) to check out is G.A.M.E from The game. Imo i think it is a mixtape but all the tracks are heavy, he dosent sound like he sounds now so am guessing that must be some old tracks he did a while ago.

He sounds like Shyne and Gorrilla Black on some of the track and the production is as you would expect - tight. Also check for an album (proper one) dropping before the year is over - this would be his first album after being dropped by Dre :( due to the rawkus with 50cents apparently.

Last edited:
ElRazur said:
Yeah that's the one.

OK, another album (not sure if is an album or mixtape) to check out is G.A.M.E from The game. Imo i think it is a mixtape but all the tracks are heavy, he dosent sound like he sounds now so am guessing that must be some old tracks he did a while ago.

He sounds like Shyne and Gorrilla Black on some of the track and the production is as you would expect - tight. Also check for an album (proper one) dropping before the year is over - this would be his first album after being dropped by Dre :( due to the rawkus with 50cents apparently.

Yeh, i've seen G.A.M.E around, think it's a mixtape from the look of the tracks.
A recommendation from me is Papoose - The Underground King. Amazing mixtape in my opinion. Listen out for the lyrics in "Salute The Dream", very good indeed.

friddela said:
Yeh, i've seen G.A.M.E around, think it's a mixtape from the look of the tracks.
A recommendation from me is Papoose - The Underground King. Amazing mixtape in my opinion. Listen out for the lyrics in "Salute The Dream", very good indeed.

No doubt will do, i have been hearing some of his songs and he would appear to be able to manipulate words easily - on par or if not better than eminem. I heard he called himself the "saviour of Rap" which i dont agree with.

Gonna go to the download area i use to check out the album.

Yes i have heard him "spit" and he's nothing on eminem, infact there are very few people out there that i would rate as highly as i do eminem, the guy has an immense lyrical ability and comparing him to papoose just makes me laugh, he's not bad by any means but he is nothing on eminem.

Have you ever heard a proper eminem freestyle? The guy is untouchable.

ElRazur said:
Anyone heard the new Ice cube's album - Laugh now cry later. In my opinion Ice is back and unstopable. I absolutely love every track, the production is slick, the lyrics are venemous, political, social and hard-hitting. He also replied all those critic who said "he has gone hollywood".......If you know what's good, i would recommend you bootleg this album (ok that was a joke, go buy the proper cd please) :cool:

Will look out for this album, was recently listening to amerikas most wanted.

Sp00n said:
Yes i have heard him "spit" and he's nothing on eminem, infact there are very few people out there that i would rate as highly as i do eminem, the guy has an immense lyrical ability and comparing him to papoose just makes me laugh, he's not bad by any means but he is nothing on eminem.

Either you need you ear wax cleaned out or you just refuse to admit. Papoose style is on par and as time goes by will be better than what eminem spits - He is at his peak and can get better than what he as done so far, papoose still getting stronger.
Yes i have heard eminem freestyle - his freestyle ability is sometimes questionable. He rushes the word out via his nose and mandible - Style that has been used time and time again by various artist (Pac, Slick rick etc), he cant keep to beat during battle - go listen to cannibus freestyle and you will see what i mean, while papoose can do all of those and even have a beter "dexterity of words" than eminen.
You know,... aint nothing new about shady style, it has been done before, but because a white boy got hooked with dre why wont you expect people to think he is exceptionally good? The truth is he aint, but just good.

Last edited:
The subject matter of most mainstream rap/hiphop puts me off, in that sense a lot of what eminem came out with was more accessible to general people, or at least to me.
But then you have someone like Sage Francis, I don't hear enough about him but he seriously deserves more recognition than he seems to get.

Very true... There are some artists out there who are extremely talented and have amazing skills, but if you don't have a good chorus or hook and your not produced by either Dre, Jazze Pha, Jemaine Dupri or Timberland then your not going to get a lot of air time. Obviously this statement is exagerated a great deal because obviously i've left out other producers like Kanye but you get my point. Hip-Hop, in a way, is turning in to Pop.

ElRazur said:
Either you need you ear wax cleaned out or you just refuse to admit. Papoose style is on par and as time goes by will be better than what eminem spits - He is at his peak and can get better than what he as done so far, papoose still getting stronger.
Yes i have heard eminem freestyle - his freestyle ability is sometimes questionable. He rushes the word out via his nose and mandible - Style that has been used time and time again by various artist (Pac, Slick rick etc), he cant keep to beat during battle - go listen to cannibus freestyle and you will see what i mean, while papoose can do all of those and even have a beter "dexterity of words" than eminen.
You know,... aint nothing new about shady style, it has been done before, but because a white boy got hooked with dre why wont you expect people to think he is exceptionally good? The truth is he aint, but just good.

here is why Eminem is better:

• Papoose is an overated MIXTAPE rapper
  • He makes mixtape tracks
  • His style is the same as every other east coast rapper in the game
  • He calls himself the lyrical one because he uses loads of multies, but doesnt have a clue what he is talking about half the time he just says stuff to make it fit.
  • Eminem originated his style
  • It's not COMPLETELY original it takes things from other rappers in the detroit area, but is nothing like slick ricks
  • Eminem's one of the best punchline rappers in the game being credited by rass kass, vakill, Copywrite, Jakki (everyone that is dope with punches)
  • Eminem's patterns were the best in the game, his switch ups are still unmatched, his flow was dope and original at the time, and he is arguably one of the best song writers of all time, being credited by most decent song writer spanning across all genres of music.
  • Him being white is **** all, Dre didnt know he was white when he heard him and there are millions of white rappers who nobody gives two farts about.

Love Hip Hop.

I can't be the only one that remembers BigL.

Mos Def
Common
Kanye West
Talib Kweli
The Roots

I don't like most new Hiphop in the charts but some of it is quite catchy, probably just because it is on ALL the time :p

I also like De la Soul, WuTang Clan and Dr Dre. 3 Feet High and Rising, 36 Chambers and The Chronic are classics!

I don't think there is anything wrong with rap needing good production, it just means better music.

I dunno who to blame for crap rap music in the charts, I guess it is just down to stupid kids buying rubbish records, adults don't spend much on CDs (My parents anyway) and people who like good music are just in the minority/download it.

Last edited:
Sp00n said:

Q F T,Ive never heard any rapper come out with the clever lyrics Em comes out with on freestyles and even on a lot of his album tracks.

Back
Top Bottom