Hiphop fans in here?

iamgud said:
Love Hip Hop.

The Chronic are classics!
Its one of my favorite albums The chronic, brings back good memories and just always seems to sound as good as when i first heard it. Also i like snoop dog on this album but I'm not keen on any of his solo work. The Chronic 2001 was a real disappointment, baring a couple of tracks that is.

iamgud said:
I can't be the only one that remembers BigL.

Nope you're not. One of the best freestylers I've ever heard and such a pity his career was cut short before it really took off.

A classic for any hip-hop fans to check out is Sway & Tech N9e - The Anthem (Features Chino XL, Eminem, Jayo Felony, Kool G Rap, KRS-One, Pharoahe Monch, RZA and Xzibit)

Sp00n said:
here is why Eminem is better:

• Papoose is an overated MIXTAPE rapper
  • He makes mixtape tracks
  • His style is the same as every other east coast rapper in the game
  • He calls himself the lyrical one because he uses loads of multies, but doesnt have a clue what he is talking about half the time he just says stuff to make it fit.
  • Eminem originated his style
  • It's not COMPLETELY original it takes things from other rappers in the detroit area, but is nothing like slick ricks
  • Eminem's one of the best punchline rappers in the game being credited by rass kass, vakill, Copywrite, Jakki (everyone that is dope with punches)
  • Eminem's patterns were the best in the game, his switch ups are still unmatched, his flow was dope and original at the time, and he is arguably one of the best song writers of all time, being credited by most decent song writer spanning across all genres of music.
  • Him being white is **** all, Dre didnt know he was white when he heard him and there are millions of white rappers who nobody gives two farts about.

Yet again, you dont seem to get it. Mixtapes is a way of showing your CV - what you are capable of without even been signed to a major record label, it is also done to gather a very strong fan base. Sway (UK) sold over 10000 mixtapes because his style is a fresh of breathe air amongst the UK rapper.
How can you call someone a mixtape rapper and yet you think he is not on par with eminem? Even his style is been comapred with BigL (one of the best ever) which if i remember correctly eminem paid tribute to when he won his first major award (also paid tribute to BIGgie, pac and big pun - he said he all learn from them).

Again there is nothing original about eminem's style - he rhyme from the mandible - so does pac in his early years and Slick rick. Papoose is clearly a walking dictionary and an english teacher al wrapped up in the body of one human, how dare you says he dosent even know what he is talking about? Yet he makes complete sense.

You think you know punchline? Go hear Cannibus, Jin, even papoose and then you will see what i mean.

Look eminem is a white guy doing what normally will be associated with a black dude in america - i.e sticking your middle finger up to the establishment and doing outlandish stuff. Vanilla ice did back then and it worked so why shouldnt it work for eminem? Dre saw this imo and took him on board. Without dre beats, why will he be today? Nowhere! Go and listen to album produced by eminem - Loyal to the game. He clearly dosent have a clue about beats. He messed up the whole album but on that same album go and check out "Po ***** blues" produced by Storch scott and then you will understand where am coming from.
This is my last take on this if you think emshady is better or the best, fine by me but i know whose CD i will buy and which i will bootleg. :p

EDIT
Royce Da 5 9 is bascially a black version of emimem. He just didnt have the luck the white version had. He is regarded as one of the best yet to come out of detriot.

Last edited:
iamgud said:
Love Hip Hop.

I can't be the only one that remembers BigL. .

I love hiphop too :)

Big L is one if the baddest manipulator of words and can switch style before you know it.....I have his last ablum- the Big picture. The is a freestlye he did in the studio that was included on that album, man it is like a template for freestyle and towards the end he said he was tired! No imagine what he would spit out if he wasnt :eek:

It is a shame he got shot by a coward. In the words of Fat Joe "he died before his time" rest in peace man.

ElRazur said:
Again there is nothing original about eminem's style. - There's nothing original about Papoose's style either, he just sounds like any other middle of the road rapper and from what I've heard, his lyrics aren't all that great.

Papoose is clearly a walking dictionary and an english teacher al wrapped up in the body of one human, how dare you says he dosent even know what he is talking about? Yet he makes complete sense.- Please explain how he is more of a walking dictionary than any other half decent rapper out there? And from listening to 'Alphabetical Slaughter', yes it might be quite clever linguistically but the way Papoose spits makes it sound like a jumbled mess.

You think you know punchline? Go hear Cannibus, Jin, even papoose and then you will see what i mean.- Canibus maybe, but Jin and Papoose are nothing compared to Rass Kass, Copywrite, Vakill and Louis Logic. I'd even say Eminem is miles ahead of Pap' when it comes to a good punchline.

Look eminem is a white guy doing what normally will be associated with a black dude in america - i.e sticking your middle finger up to the establishment and doing outlandish stuff. Vanilla ice did back then and it worked so why shouldnt it work for eminem?- I'm pretty sure Vanilla Ice wasn't renowned as one of the best freestyle rappers about before he released 'Ice Ice Baby'?

EDIT
Royce Da 5 9 is bascially a black version of emimem. He just didnt have the luck the white version had. He is regarded as one of the best yet to come out of detriot.- Royce is definately a very talented rapper but he has never had a style as unique as Eminem's back when Slim Shady LP/Marshall Mathers LP were released, that's more to do with why he never made it big.

Also, if you want people to take any notice of your opinions, try not brushing theirs off and basically saying they're wrong.

DanTheMan said:
Also, if you want people to take any notice of your opinions, try not brushing theirs off and basically saying they're wrong.

I am not brushing you off, sorry if i come across like that. I guess we gonna have to stick to each others gun but be mature about it. :)

Anyone heard the news that One of the guys from outkast wants (or has) buy his 9 year old son a gun for birthday? Cant seem to find the link but it was on the radio this morning......I will reserve my comment until i see the link.

Yeah andre 3000 made that comment. TBH in america, i think thats a very fair comment to make. At the end of the day hes a father n is looking out for his son, and would like his son to be safe in the future. He didnt say he was gonna buy his 9 year old son a gun n give it him for his 10th birthday or anthing!

Anyway i aint read much of this post but from what i have read there doesnt seem to be much said about Rakim, Who along with a lot of other people, i would rate as the greatest artist ever. He changed the whole rap game with his technique of rhymin' words mid verse and his complex methods. Ive got his 'The Master' album, and although it aint one of his best, is still 1 of my favourite albums i own. Also after hearin' a lot of The Games recent mixtapes/Disses towards G-Unit, ive came to the conclusion he, in my opinion is 1 of the best rappers out at the minute for dissing people. Some of his tracks are imense, especially 300 Bars & runnin' which is already 1 of the greatest diss tracks ive ever heard. Anyone heard Ludacris' song 'War With God'...Possible re-birth of his 'beef' with T.I, maybe even Young Jeezy, But definatly looks like a 'Trap' Artist?.

What do people think of Shyne supposedly signing to Blackwall Street? Hope he has, cause him and Game will end it for 50 Snitch & G-Unit.

Quick Little question for people to end. Who do you consider your favourite rapper of all time & Who do you think is most under-rated.

Rakim, as ive said, is my favourite rapper closely followed by Tupac.
Under-rated would have to be Joe Budden for me. His Mixtape 'Mood Musick Volume 2' is far better then about 90% of the albums released by other artists and definatly should have been released as a proper album.

ElRazur said:
Yet again, you dont seem to get it. Mixtapes is a way of showing your CV - what you are capable of without even been signed to a major record label, it is also done to gather a very strong fan base. Sway (UK) sold over 10000 mixtapes because his style is a fresh of breathe air amongst the UK rapper.
How can you call someone a mixtape rapper and yet you think he is not on par with eminem? Even his style is been comapred with BigL (one of the best ever) which if i remember correctly eminem paid tribute to when he won his first major award (also paid tribute to BIGgie, pac and big pun - he said he all learn from them).

Again there is nothing original about eminem's style - he rhyme from the mandible - so does pac in his early years and Slick rick. Papoose is clearly a walking dictionary and an english teacher al wrapped up in the body of one human, how dare you says he dosent even know what he is talking about? Yet he makes complete sense.

You think you know punchline? Go hear Cannibus, Jin, even papoose and then you will see what i mean.

Look eminem is a white guy doing what normally will be associated with a black dude in america - i.e sticking your middle finger up to the establishment and doing outlandish stuff. Vanilla ice did back then and it worked so why shouldnt it work for eminem? Dre saw this imo and took him on board. Without dre beats, why will he be today? Nowhere! Go and listen to album produced by eminem - Loyal to the game. He clearly dosent have a clue about beats. He messed up the whole album but on that same album go and check out "Po ***** blues" produced by Storch scott and then you will understand where am coming from.
This is my last take on this if you think emshady is better or the best, fine by me but i know whose CD i will buy and which i will bootleg. :p

EDIT
Royce Da 5 9 is bascially a black version of emimem. He just didnt have the luck the white version had. He is regarded as one of the best yet to come out of detriot.

No it is you who doesn't get it son, when did you start checking for Eminem, wait, when did you start listening to hip hop? I check for Papoose, i have done for a long time, infact im willing to bet a large amount i have listened to and know a lot more about him than you do, so don't talk to me about not getting "it", "it" is my life.

Now firstly, your talking about a Demo at the start of your arguement, not a mixtape, a mixtape is a cd of offcuts exclusives or remixes that havent been used to album projects when made by one artist, otherwise it is a compilation made by a DJ, being a mixtape rapper means you DONT make good album tracks, hence Saigon still not doing anything, cos he cant make proper tracks, thats what a mixtape rapper is.

Sway is pants, thats all i have to say about him, anyone who knows their UKHH will agree, so that tells me a fair bit about your hip hop knowledge and tastes.

Papoose is NOTHING like Big L, are you and idiot? The only thing slightly similar is their accents because they are from a similar area, but to an american not even that is similar, so who ever compared Paps style to Big L's is a tit.

Eminems multis and patterns and switches were completely unmatched when he first came out, his style was completely original, the way he wrote has nothing in anyway shape or form similar to Pacs, i doubt Pac knew what a multi was, do you know what a multi is?

Have you heard when papoose says "i stand tall like the palace of eiffel" now, im pretty sure, and you can check this if you like son, but im pretty sure its called EIFFEL TOWER not the palace of eiffel.

Canibus is wack for punchlines, so you have no legs to stand on there, with lines like "i make the crowd throw up their hands like they swallowed their fingers" i dont know how you cant credit him, comparing Jin's punchlines to Em's again is very stupid, if your gonna pick someone that is dope with punchlines, dont pick Jin he is weak, Vakill, Jakki, Copywrite maybe, but Jin and Canibus deffinately dont hit the mark mate.

You think he wouldnt be good without Dre? you heard Infinite? that was made before dre and is credited as his best album, you really dont have a leg to stand on here, so im not gonna bother.

The point about him being white is irrelevant, most Uk rappers are white, does that mean people are chucking record deals at them?

I have pretty much everything Pap has done, YOU DONT, i have everything Em has done, YOU DONT, your trying to tell me something when your opinion is obviously very uninformed.

Do you know anything about the technical aspects of writing? Anyone with any understanding knows that, Eminem in his prime was a better technical than Papoose, so either you dont have a clue, or you left your brain somewhere when you jumped into this arguement.

Sp00n said:

You know, when i finish laughing, am gonna reply. So hold on, this might take a while.

EDIT
So one of the most influential DJ is talking non-sense when he compared him to big L? anyway like i said before...i have made my points and i stand by them.

Last edited:
ElRazur said:
I love hiphop too :)

I really dont think you know anything about hip hop El. I'm not trying to be offensive dude, but you seem to listen to a lot of the same old crap. God knows i've tried to suggest some decent music in this thread, but this thread really isnt about 'hip-hop'.. It's about rap, and mostly gangster rap. And that aint hip-hop..

benneh said:
I really dont think you know anything about hip hop El. I'm not trying to be offensive dude, but you seem to listen to a lot of the same old crap. God knows i've tried to suggest some decent music in this thread, but this thread really isnt about 'hip-hop'.. It's about rap, and mostly gangster rap. And that aint hip-hop..

Opinions are like backsides....everyone has one. :)

Maybe in comparison, because of Charisma age and hunger, but their styles are nothing alike.

You really dont have a clue mate, and your arrogance is blinding your view.

ElRazur said:
Opinions are like backsides....everyone has one. :)

Yup, that's definately true.. For me personally though, if i pop on an LP and a guy starts telling me how he 'jacks fools' or hustles in one way or another I straight turn it off, because that's crap.. Hip-Hop is about teaching and learning.

El you need to listen to,

Some Mf Doom, Heiroglyphics, Jedi Mind, Aotp, Sage francis, Easop, Weather men, Eastern conference.

Then you can come back and apoligise and stop making yourself look silly.

Sp00n said:

Some Mf Doom, Heiroglyphics, Jedi Mind, Aotp, Sage francis, Easop, Weather men, Eastern conference.

***! plus the handsome boy modellings school

Sp00n said:

I agree!

Sp00n said:
You really dont have a clue mate, and your arrogance is blinding your view.

It is amazing how as soon one dont agree with someone's "endorsed list of rappers" one automatically becomes knowledgeless, arrogant, ignorant and "listening to the same old crap".....
I dont need posters "endorsment" to be accepted that i know about hiphop.

Benneh
If i dont know about hiphop like you pointed out, what the heck are we discussing in here then, Pop rap? (it is still a form of hiphop) seriously, the joke is on you. I wouldnt mind if it was someone who dont jump on my back across the forum. The fact that it is you is laughable. All the artist you listed, i have heard some of them - similar to some of penski's list. Anyway back on track. I wont be drawn into another debate that would lead to situation like this. Finally, this thread is about hiphop lets keep it that way.

ElRazur said:
It is amazing how as soon one dont agree with someone's "endorsed list of rappers" one automatically becomes knowledgeless, arrogant, ignorant and "listening to the same old crap".....
I dont need posters "endorsment" to be accepted that i know about hiphop.

Benneh
If i dont know about hiphop like you pointed out, what the heck are we discussing in here then, Pop rap? (it is still a form of hiphop) seriously, the joke is on you. I wouldnt mind if it was someone who dont jump on my back across the forum. The fact that it is you is laughable. All the artist you listed, i have heard some of them - similar to some of penski's list. Anyway back on track. I wont be drawn into another debate that would lead to situation like this. Finally, this thread is about hiphop lets keep it that way.

Lol, i'm not jumping on your back.. Well, only in jest. Certainly no harm intended..

Back to the fred.

I suppose what you're talking about is hip hop in the broader sense. But it's more gangstar/pop rap. To me (opinion again) hip hop is about a bit more than that.

Back
Top Bottom