Hiphop fans in here?

ElRazur said:
Im sorry but Mobb deep album last album was a flop. To date that was their worst album ever, their collaboration with 50 was a major factor on top of that one of them put on a fake Southern accent in that popular single from the album....There street cred has taken a dent.

haven't you missed the point here, just because he made a collaboration wouldn't be the ultimate reason for his untimely downfall - you don't lose credibility for collaborations, you lose credibility for making crap. The reason his album was so bad because it was made that way.

for example U2 collaborate with green day, do green day lose credibility? NO - because their last few albums have been rubbish anyway!

tupac with elton john - i know elrazur elton john is one of your favourite artists so i'll be sure not to diss him, does elton john lose credibility - not at all!

credibility and "street-cred" - i'm pretty sure are two different things. So yes, you have missed the point sic was making - statement of fact, not opinion.

>:|sh4d0w|:< said:
^ IIRC sales figures take 1 weeks so 21st prehaps. Album was leaked about 2 weeks early and was all over the streets of NYC and other big US cities, may harm sales a little.

Oh i see, i just wish he make platinum man after all those drama he went through.

I have listened to the album, pirate at first then when to buy a copy :p I love almost every track but i dont know if he would sell more than the previous album.

Xmas Hiphop's gangster rap album reccomendation

Nas - HipHop is dead.
The Game - Doctor's Advocate.
Snoop Dogg - The blue carpet treatment.
Jay Z - Kingdom come.
Tupac - Tupac's Life.
Ice Cube - Laugh now, cry later.
*Talib Kweli - Ear drum
Eminem - The re-up
Xzibit - Full circle.

*not sure if this guy is a gangster rapper...More like an underground-hardcore.

Enjoy. :cool:

Cheers dude. Didn't know Xzibit had another album out, might give it a listen as I was impressed with some of his earlier work.

I've got The Games album but think it drops off after a good start and I've had a listen to the Re-Up and Kingdom Come and think both suck.

Last edited:
Pigeon_Killer said:
Cheers dude. Didn't know Xzibit had another album out, might give it a listen as I was impressed with some of his earlier work.

I've got The Games album but think it drops off after a good start and I've had a listen to the Re-Up and Kingdom Come and think both suck.

Xzibit album is good, i have heard the whole album but not thoroughly. It is way better than WMD he made last.

The game's album is good in mp opinion and way better than your average G.rap album - no bitches, fast cars and monies in bank etc.

Kingdom come i really dont like but i put it there for Jay Z's fans i suppose, it is more about him just laying back and bragging about all his acheivement...im sorry but i heard it all before.

The Re-up is supposed to be the old eminem back, full of rage and more rage than ever but i honestly think it is the same eminem in a new bottle. He dosent sound different to me - lyrically and albumly :p (yeah i no that aint a word but you get what i mean) :o

ElRazur said:
Xmas Hiphop's gangster rap album reccomendation
Jay Z - Kingdom come.
Tupac - Tupac's Life.

*not sure if this guy is a gangster rapper...More like an underground-hardcore.

Enjoy. :cool:

Your joking right? both are garbage...Jay z should have stayed in retirement and afeni/jimmy have ruined another Tupac album

EDIT: didn't read your last post about jay z's album :p also i agree with what you said about the re-up, i wish em could go back to his slim shady days but every time he releases more music it becomes more unlikely, which is a shame as slim shady lp was a classic

Last edited:
ElRazur said:
Xmas gangster rap album reccomendation
Fixed!.. 'gangsta rap' isnt true hip-hop..

Ive just discovered an awesome hip-hop artist called Binary Star and they explain the situation perfectly on one of their tracks, honest expression.

"You got the top 40 of Hip-POP.. and you got Hip-Hop.. know what im sayin'?"

Dont get me wrong, i listen to gangster rap sometimes, i like jayz, warren G, tupac.. but its not what i call hip-hop.

gord said:
Fixed!.. 'gangsta rap' isnt true hip-hop..

Ive just discovered an awesome hip-hop artist called Binary Star and they explain the situation perfectly on one of their tracks, honest expression.

"You got the top 40 of Hip-POP.. and you got Hip-Hop.. know what im sayin'?"

Dont get me wrong, i listen to gangster rap sometimes, i like jayz, warren G, tupac.. but its not what i call hip-hop.

Jay Z and Warren G arent gangsta rap.

The new Ghostface album "more fish" is superb, and quite unexpected so soon after fishscale.

The new Clipse album is great too.

Hip hop is dead tbh, i am upset by this.

I mostly buy hip hop CD's, i hate all this Hip-Pop, hip hop died in 2000 or maybe earlier! I would say hip hop is my favourite genre but i am not tied down to this, i like many genres! I am studying sound engineering at college so i usually listen to a variety of different genres! Loving enigma at the moment!

I whole heartily agree with your Slim Shady LP comment soulja! That album was his best without a doubt!

I doubt ill buy a hip hop album past the date of 2000 except maybe Dr.Dre Detox. The Chronic in my eyes was a superb album! West Coat died after this.

I am into DJ premier production at the moment, actually for some time. I urge everyone to go ahead and buy Group Home-Livin Proof just for the production! This album never gets boring! I am at the moment getting all the Gang Starr albums to add to my collection of hip hop.

Anyone like Dr.Octagon-Dr. Octagonecologyst, this has to be one of my favourite albums ever! I also urge people to get this!

In my view early nineties to mid nineties is the golden age of hip hop, this age saw quality production from little hardware, great use of samples and awesome beats! I just wish it was more like this nowadays!

One can only hope!

Josh

EDIT-Does anyone think Drum and Bass is going the same way, listened to a few of Pendulum's tracks and thought they were dire, Pop Drum and Bass :(

Last edited:
Since interest is back and running in this thread, lets have light shedding session on as to why Rap cds (or hiphop sales) is not shifting/very poor in the UK? Are we a nation of non-hiphopers or is it the crap our so called artist are churning out?

Last edited:
Sales of Hiphop are falling stateside too, not just here. Many vinyl record stores around London have closed in the last couple of years, e.g Mr Bongo's, Beano's, etc.
I think its because of downloading (legal and illegal), as well as the market being saturated with copy cat crap. 2007 will probably see sales slide further especially of mainstream artists and hopefully the quality of artists and releases will improve.

Have to say, I'm really liking Doctor's Advocate at the mo', especially ''Doctor's Advocate'' and ''Ol' English''. I'd say that was the only decent rap album worth listening to out of the list that you gave.

Currently listening through Wu-Tang Forever though which is in a different league :D.

Back
Top Bottom