Hiphop fans in here?

Woody__ said:
There are artists who sound better than Eminem....

That wasn't my question, I'll repeat -
Are there any more Hip Hop artists who sound like Eminem or is he a one off?

I've never heard anyone who remotely sounds like him or does his style of pee taking. I would have thought there would be a world full of imitators.

ElRazur said:
...Yeah for real, are we in here or not? Hiphop is the biggest selling music Genre in the world today and yet, i aint seen regular threads on Hiphop related stuff man.

What's going on? where the Hiphop fans at man, Hallo right here and lets discuss hiphop! Now drop that bomb!!! :D

Homiez let go all out and discuss things happening in the Hiphop community in the Uk and all over the world. For shizzle ma homies, lets lock this down and make it exicting man.

Where the real hiphop fans at? :confused:

PS
If you aint understanding what im saying, just run it back and spin it off! Peace :D

Lol, you wrote that like a white guy trying to sound like a black guy.

Tim wastewood? Nothing wrong with a 50 year old white, son of a vicor who went to private school being a DJ, and talking like he grew up in the Brox.

IMO Hip-hop did die around Cronic 2001. I'm not sure if it was due to this album or, more likely, Music execs realising the potential of the hip-hop market and simply churning out any old dross.

I have stopped listening to hip-hop because imo its a tired genre and there are no current artists that make you stand up and listen.

ElRazur said:
Hiphop is the biggest selling music Genre in the world today

I can't be arsed to read the thread so I don't know if its true or not - but I thought country and western music was the genre that made the most money.

ElRazur said:
I dont understand why everyone hates Tim westwood,

Because he's a publicly educated 40 something bloke who talks like a complete arse!

Thats why.

I love hip-hop, the really old stuff from the early 80's (wild style LP) e.t.c - the stuff that was real showdown rap/hip-hop.

So i can't really be accused of hating him because i don't like the music, i just think he's a complete prat.

Hip-hop survived for decades without some middle class idiot trying to sound "street".

Kronologic said:

I think that's what makes him cool, He is an old Gee! If i must say, He dosent seem to be liked/accepted by white people but then he is accepted in the black /asian/ethnic minorities....Just go to his rave and you will see how all this black/asian groupies throw theirselves at him.

Last edited:
Mr Nice said:
Of course he is still a player

There aren't that many other MC's like him. On a similar level your looking at guys like Meth, Mos Def, Busta etc.

Although his last album, he did get across his hatred from homosexuals....

Same thinking i have in mind but im kinda sceptical since his last ablum (the grand champ) was kinda okayish. Methodman seems to lost the plot, Ghostface is kinda like the new methodman now. Mos Def imo is still yet to capture back / reach the heights of his first album (or second) Busta rhymes is the only one who seems to moving from strength to strength especially signing to aftermath will do him good in the long run - I dont think anyone signed to aftermath ever complained apart from eve that got dropped.

Last edited:
ElRazur said:
He is a Legend.

Too true.

Feeling the Scott Storch remix of Po ***** Blues at the minute. Fantastic track, if a little old now!

Sways album also gets a lot of plays on my iPod.

My taste in hip hop varies dramatically, I dont really care if its commercial or not, i like 50 cent, eminem, but im also a big fan of Asher D, Blackalicious and klashnekoff. All different types of hiphop, but all good in my opinion.

:)

Yeah, i guess Asher D isnt really hip hop, more of a grime mc. Seems to have gone quiet lately though.

Really liking the two Crunk and Grime mixtapes from Semtex too. If your a fan of both crunk and grime, i recommend them.

Also eating my way through the Bone Thugs and Lost Boyz albums. Got a lot of listening to do!

What you think to them?

Anyone heard of Big Hawk?

He's dead now but was a southern rapper with one of the best flows I've heard for a long time. If you can, try get the tracks ''On that other ****'' and ''Chillin' with my broad'' by him.

Also, UK hip-hop seems to be the only hip-hop making something new and different today, the only US hip-hop I find myself listening to is from mid 90's or earlier.

Last edited:
Nope, haven't heard of him. Will look out for some of his stuff.

The problem with UKHH is sorting all the carp out from the good stuff, while shopping, it takes an age to listen to it all! :p

Im liking the new Outkast track, Mighty O. Anyone heard it?

Back
Top Bottom