***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Soldato
Maybe it just includes 2.X stuff and reverts back to that for your card?

I think you may be confusing DLSS 3 (which I know only works with 4 series cards), with the version number of nvngx_dlss.dll, which the latest version just happens to be 3.1.1, updated from 2.5.1.

Your link (from Oct 2022), is not about the DLL, just about will the 3 series ever get DLLS 3.

I stand to be corrected, of course. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you may be confusing DLSS 3 (which I know only works with 4 series cards), with the version number of nvngx_dlss.dll, which the latest version just happens to be 3.1.1, updated from 2.5.1.

Your link (from Oct 2022), is not about the DLL, just about will the 3 series ever get DLLS 3.

I stand to be corrected, of course. :)

I'm not 100% on it myself either haha, I can definitely be wrong.

DLSS Updater app I used doesn't appear to list it which is weird.

Soldato
That spell does seem OP!
Hah, yeah, it’s pretty impressive. I mean, I guess the evidence is starting to suggest 10GB isnt enough for modern titles without dropping settings / disabling rt etc, but this game is certainly borked and needs fixing / optimising. You shouldn’t be able to get more fps by casting an f’ing spell!! :D it’s magic!

Soldato
Is there a new 295mb update on Steam or am I just behind everyone else? :p

We all had it part of the unlock.

It's not the day 1 patch we still waiting for. Though to be fair I don't think they've said the patch will come day 1.

PS5 apparently had a patch in the last day or so.

I didn’t realise that, thanks. I assumed that was for 4000 series and frame generation. I’ll give it a go

We had the same assumption! :)

Soldato
3080 10GB, 32GB system ram, 1440p RT on, some settings dailed back a touch, dlss balanced .

Pretty sure it’s the lack of vram issue everyone’s talking about, it must be spooling stuff into and out ram as Rroff said, and that’s causing the system to fall onto its knees.

It’s the way it’s doing it though that seems weird - you can be slowly walking around an area like the great hall with stable 60fps and then all of a sudden it drops to a 20fps stutter-fest and will stay at that if you do nothing else, it won’t go back to 60 after say 15s or so once whatever loading has happened. But if you then go into/out of the menu it’s back to 60.
This is very similar to the Dead Space issue on the 3080 10GB. I hope this isn't the start of a new trend.

Soldato
I’ve increased shader cache in nvcp from default (which is believe is 4GB?) to 10GB. Will see if that makes a difference.

Results? I feel the vram on my 3090 is simply not being used with this game.

Edit, I saw someone mention the pc ports being bad. As someone who is on the edge of the industry, I can tell you that it's not getting better. It's why I'm not gonna upgrade my pc, once my 3090 is just not good enough anymore. I'm going back to console full time for aaa games.

They just don't care for pc players at all anymore, we're an after thought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom