***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

0 black point level (this is important)
1000 white point level (same as your tv peak brightness)
25 hdr brightness

I use the same with my panasonic 65jz1500 and it looks great.

I set mine on 0 black point, 700 white point, hdr brightness 18 and UI brightness 1. I found hdr brightness 25 a bit too high for playing in a dark room

Last edited:
yeah the SSR just pops in and out of existence along the edges of the screen as you move, it's quite distracting

I found the DLSS 3 dlls worse for that than the original one :s you also get some of the old trails issues like with small flying objects even with the latest DLSS dll for some reason - I guess it needs more information from the game it isn't getting.

Well i bought the game, kept it at the recommended settings with vsync in game at 60fps, all was going great right up until i was on my way to hogsmead, then fps dropped to 25 with unplayable stutter so i have put in for refund :(

Also my psu started ticking on the way to hogsmead which isnt good lol im close to the limit with the psu but no other game has made it tick yet.

Shame really as was LOVING the game, its great fun and felt like one of the best games ive played for a few years, might have to buy a series x used just to play it lol as will be cheaper than upgrading pc

520watt with a 2070 is quite on the line there to be fair!
Yeah i have been living quite close with the 520w psu, this game is the only one to ever make it click though and only started happening when on the way to hogsmead

When i upgrade the gpu im 100% going to upgrade the psu as well :)

Just finished the game on my PS5. 40 hours playtime, lvl 34 Character, 67% challenges completed. Will go back and do more now to try and get 100% challenges. Might go for platinum trophy too. What a game!

I also bought on Steam today so I can play on my Steam Deck - so much replayability in this game.

My 12 year old daughter watched me kill the final boss and then immediately created a character and started playing, also wants to watch the movies this half term - good times!

Yeah i have been living quite close with the 520w psu, this game is the only one to ever make it click though and only started happening when on the way to hogsmead

When i upgrade the gpu im 100% going to upgrade the psu as well :)
At least yours didn't reboot the whole PC!

Just finished the game on my PS5. 40 hours playtime, lvl 34 Character, 67% challenges completed. Will go back and do more now to try and get 100% challenges. Might go for platinum trophy too. What a game!

I also bought on Steam today so I can play on my Steam Deck - so much replayability in this game.

My 12 year old daughter watched me kill the final boss and then immediately created a character and started playing, also wants to watch the movies this half term - good times!
How does it play on the ps5? is there big fps drops on console?

PS5 should be better.

Since turning off RT my game runs a lot smoother, kind of to be expected I guess.

Enjoying it a lot still despite some performance issues experienced to date, but I have a 3080 TI which does let me power through more stuff than most by raw frames.

The Image Calibration screen in the game with HDR turned on, set white poit is the only important one long as dark point is set to 0, set white point to 1000 nits or just above as that's what our OLED does, assuming you're in HDR1000 mode. The rest on the default seems fine.

0 black point level (this is important)
1000 white point level (same as your tv peak brightness)
25 hdr brightness

I use the same with my panasonic 65jz1500 and it looks great.

I'm having to use 0 black point, 3000 white point, HDR brightness 5 on my Philips 436M6 for some reason - otherwise the colours look washed out and blacks are elevated. TBH this display aside from the blacks not having the range of actual HDR looks better mostly with HDR off as it is so bright it does a passable impression of HDR normally.

EDIT: 4K on the 3070 mobile is LOL - I get around 50-60 FPS when I load in with ultra settings, I can look around and it stays there - the moment I move more than a couple of feet the VRAM utilisation maxes out and it drops to 16 FPS.

Last edited:
What are people's settings using 4090. I've maxed it out and using 120Hz and frame generation. Seems ok apart from the odd effect when turning quickly is it best to use something else and enable vsync?

It's insane that I'm CPU limited to point of struggling to maintain 60fps, the 3900X isn't even that old. I've held on to CPUs for 5-6 years and still enjoyed good performance, wtf?

Last edited:
What are people's settings using 4090. I've maxed it out and using 120Hz and frame generation. Seems ok apart from the odd effect when turning quickly is it best to use something else and enable vsync?

You should cap your frame rate to a few FPS below your monitors top spec. You don't really want Vsync doing anything, but G-sync stops working right at the top of the range.

In my case I can use 120 because my monitor does 144hz.

Should turn Vsync off in NVCP as well as in the game, let G-sync operate within the fps range.

Some people said to set the camera acceleration to 0 as well.

Beyond that switch off most of the extra stuff like motion blur or whatever if it exists, I think I only left Depth of Field on but that one is optional.

If you have RT on try it with RT off and see how your performance compares.

Back
Top Bottom