***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Game needs some serious optimisation though with so much stuff with so much detail in the game it isn't really unreasonable for it to use as much VRAM as it does.

I enjoy 4K at 60hz and my graphic is set at high\Ultra on GTX1080 TI, I don't see why a game should run above 120hz it isn't a FPS game

52692849350_747ab02970_k.jpg

52692849345_7673606119_k.jpg
Did you try out the other upscalers? AFAIK NIS should be the worst of the lot.

Edit: Just read through the rest of the thread, my bad.

Last edited:
I'm colourblind & had terrible problems with Crossed Wands : 3
The only colour I can reliably tell apart is the Blue. The other 3 look almost the same to me.
It's made worse by the fact they de-saturate the colours as you lose health.
I tried both the red-green colourblind modes & neither helped.
In the end, I had to learn the enemies names & what spell to use & take them out 1 at a time.
Are there any other visual cues apart from the colour of the bubble as to what spell to use ? (I don't have a problem on the spell selection, only on targeting the right enemy).
For those much further in - how important is this going to be ? Is it very common to have a lot of enemies on the field at once, all with different colour bubbles ?

I'm colourblind & had terrible problems with Crossed Wands : 3
The only colour I can reliably tell apart is the Blue. The other 3 look almost the same to me.
It's made worse by the fact they de-saturate the colours as you lose health.
I tried both the red-green colourblind modes & neither helped.
In the end, I had to learn the enemies names & what spell to use & take them out 1 at a time.
Are there any other visual cues apart from the colour of the bubble as to what spell to use ? (I don't have a problem on the spell selection, only on targeting the right enemy).
For those much further in - how important is this going to be ? Is it very common to have a lot of enemies on the field at once, all with different colour bubbles ?
I think if you lower the difficulty level to easy then you will likely get rid of this. I haven't tried but it would make sense based on what happens with the hard mode.

Have you ever tried colour blind glasses?

Something like this could be a game changer if it works?

Last edited:
Is the pacing of the main quests weird?
I'm level 26, 20 hours approx of game time and have pretty much seen all of the world and unlocked all fast travel points. Done loads of Merlin quests and balloon popping etc but...
I've only just got the unlocking spell and animal collection spells.

It's almost like they built the main game, realised that it needed padding and added extra stuff.
Even the way quest givers talk to you it's like it's your first day at school.

Still loving it though!

Last edited:
Not had much time to play the game, so I've only done a few quests... Was hoping they would patch the performance issues this week but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

It's a shame, the game actually doesn't run badly at all, it's just the stuttering and frame drops moving between areas that slightly ruins the experience. Feels like something they can definitely improve.

Reactions: mrk
Is the pacing of the main quests weird?
I'm level 26, 20 hours approx of game time and have pretty much seen all of the world and unlocked all fast travel points. Done loads of Merlin quests and balloon popping etc but...
I've only just got the unlocking spell and animal collection spells.

It's almost like they built the main game, realised that it needed padding and added extra stuff.
Even the way quest givers talk to you it's like it's your first day at school.

Still loving it though!
My pal only realised that you get most of your XP from the pages 26 hours into the game so he was going through it massively under-levelled :)

How's the memory usage for others? It more or less maxes out my 16GB to start with 90-95%(around 9-10GB) usage then drops of to 55-60% after a while. (3-4GB) Which seems odd considering the very high memory usage reported by others.

Video memory is pegged at around 8GB so even the 10GB 3080FE cards should be ok.

Last edited:
How's the memory usage for others? It more or less maxes out my 16GB to start with 90-95%(around 9-10GB) usage then drops of to 55-60% after a while. (3-4GB) Which seems odd considering the very high memory usage reported by others.

Video memory is pegged at around 8GB so even the 10GB 3080FE cards should be ok.

We're not allowed to talk about anything other than gameplay according to a previous mod, Even if it's based around the game only gameplay discussion is allowed.

Last edited:

Around 20GB system memory and VRAM hovers around 7.2GB

Back
Top Bottom